Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

iOS 5 update network timeout help!?!?

Hi I wonder if I can get any advice off here. I managed to get iOS 5 onto my iPad last night, however I'm now in the process of updating my phone and I know many people have experience error codes like I did last night. However. This time my phone won't even start updating I just gain a pop up saying server timed out however it hasn't even given it 3 seconRAB before this pops up. My Internet is fully working and connected properly. Has anyone else experienced
    this problem?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Based on the reports I have seen only around a few million people have had to deal with the server timeouts due to overloading.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cheers for your help.... Is it best to just wait instead of being that one added person borabarding there servers!?! They seriously need to bring in a lottery next time to sort this out!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

LOL! Apple didn't expect everyone to upgrade at once. They goofed. I am pretty sure the iOS 5 adaption rate was calculated to cover weeks. And once again, Apple fans proved that they wanted to do the same work load in hours.

Right now I would say wait if you can.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you directly download the ipsw file, that seems to help with the network timeout issue.
    However, I am getting an error 3194 message during the "verify with apple" stage. Any recommendations? I've already tried rebooting.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That issue is also related to overloaded servers. You can wait or keep trying and pray for server that isn't overloaded.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Be aware, less aware people will hook up their devices over the weekenRAB adding to the strain on Apples servers, so it's likely to be a week or so before it calms down.

Just be thankful your not hooked on crackberries lol!

This is now day 3 that I am trying to download the new iOS 5 update. Server timeout message has popped up at least 8 times so far. I have used up 7GB of data already, because of having to restart the download process! Please help an old lady out here

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had the same network timeout issue and was able to solve it with a few tips, check out my post on how - http://www.mindfulsearching.com/ios-5-network-timeout

As for the iPhone software verification, I not sure what to do about that. i have heard that completely restoring your phone can solve it, but can't personally vouch for that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear MindfulSearching, I checked out your post and I cannot thank you enough! You are a genius and my new found hero! Thank you.
    I disabled my antivirus and did the flushdns, and am ecstatic to report that it then took me a mere 1 hour to download the complete IOS 5 update without a single timeout. This after 6 days of constant fails, you can only imagine how relieved and grateful I am. Thank you, thank you, thank you a million trillion times over!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information