Hello,
I work at an office where my entire job is typing data and I have to use the 10-key a lot. Sometimes after a while I start to get a bad pain in my right shoulder blade, nothing really helps it except laying down for a while, which is sort of hard to do at work.
Earlier today I got a phone call and reached over to grab my phone and that is when the pain started (this is when I had been off work for 2 days and hadn't been typing at all). I started to get horrible right shoulder blade pain shooting down to around my kidney. I couldn't move my neck back at all and the only thing to help it stop hurting was to stand or sit completely straight but even then it hurt to take a deep breathe. After about an hour or so I tried to move my neck around and after about five minutes my neck cracked and the pain went away immediately.
Does anyone know why this happened? Should I go see a doctor for this? My posture is pretty good, I try to adjust my office chair so that I have good posture while typing and I get up at least once an hour to move around. I'm only 24 and worried about how bad the back pain is I'm getting.
Thanks!