Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a stock 2007 Kawasaki classic motorcycle with 2053cc engine. I want to find

out the rated horsepower of? Like I said, it is still stock/no mods. Why doesn't it post somewhere? It is 125ci or 2053cc let me know
    I have looked on many sites and mags, so if you dont know where it is found or published...please dont send me on a wild goose chase...

Kaw choses not to publish the hp for some reason, but if you look at a very similar bike, Honda VTX 1800, you find that they claim 103 or 105 hp for it, so you are pretty safe to assume your bike makes at least 95 and maybe 105 hp.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can also look up some bike magazines' websites & see if any have published horsepower stats. BTW: Right on! The V2k is an Excellent ride! MASSIVE TORQUE!!! Loping along at 50 mph in top gear it feels like a cylinder fires about every quarter mile :-)

You can find the specs on most bikes at the link below. It is great for finding older model specs.

http://www.bikez.com/

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is supprisingly LOW.....
    Seriously it produces it's maximum torque at only 3000 RPM, BUT it is a huge abount of torque 125 lb/ ft enough to tear the tyre off the rim.
    The bike produces about 80 BHP but would be able to plough 10 acres in one day ( probably). The reason being the dynamic mass. Each piston is about the same size and weight as a full can of coor's and travels practically a full 10cm / 4 inches for each stroke. Hauling that amount of dynamic mass up and down two bores at 3000 times a minute requires a huge amount of balance in the flywheel, so power is really going to be limited
    Laws of physics apply.
    PS Harley don't supply power specs for the 883 either and only list the torque for it and the 1200. Basically they too produce oodles of low down tyre warping torque, But at tick over and hardly any power.
    the 1200 only produces 47 BHP which in comparison to a 750 or 800cc japanese cruiser is low. But the japanese cruisers do not produce any useable torque or power until they are above 3000 rpm. and max is about the 7000 rpm mark.
    The HUGE Kawasaki Vulcan 125 Ci is built more in keeping with HD's principles and so does a good job

IMHO the Kawa IS a more comfortable ride than the HD, and a lot more bike for your money and better looking than the Suzuki or Yamaha. The Honda isn't anywhere in the same league. But ME if i could get the bike off the side stand i'd have the Triumph Rocket 111; but i can't and never will be able to either.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information