Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

what do you think about the mother of the groom wearing the same colour

dress as the bride?
    my dress is ivory, she has knows what colour it is aswell, thank you all for your answers

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I were at a wedding and saw that I'd know immediately that the mother of the groom was trying to cause problems and probably send a message to the bride that she doesn't like her one bit.
    And it is just multiplied by the fact that it is white/ivory. You just don't wear those colors to a wedding - PERIOD!

Big no-no. How rude and attention seeking.
    I know my big mouth, and I would have to say something about it, but do what you think is right. Silence on your part, and letting her go ahead and make a total fool out of herself might be better.
    Maybe there are extenuating circumstances, she had the dress and can't afford to buy another, but doubtful something like that is happening.
    Gee, I see this all the time, the MOH picking same colors as the bride. The MOH is the luckiest person connected with the wedding, she has only one wedding dress code rule to follow, to call the bride's Mom and make sure they do not pick the same dress. Otherwise, MOH gets to wear whatever dress and color she wants. And if it were me, boy if it were me I would definitely take advantage of that.

no way, what a ...., i would be furious.

she is looking to start trouble, or get attention

i agree with most of your answers already... except for #4... there is no mistake... i know what everyone is wearing in the immediate family and wouldn't have it any other way... right down to the grandmas....

hollywoodmelody
    Ivory has many shades to it as many colors do and don't forget that you as the mother of the groom will be possibly wearing a corsage with colors in it and the bride will be wearing a single color.

Mrs.G to Be
    I agree... BIG no, no. Just very impolite.

If you're comfortable with her, sit down and have a chat. Explain to her that it's your and her son's day and you'd like to be the only one wearing ivory because you're the bride. Tell her you don't mean to be rude, but it's a tradition you'd like to follow.

If you're not very comfortable have your fiance talk with her. "Hey Mom, I noticed you plan on wearing ivory to the wedding, well *insert your name* is wearing ivory for her wedding dress. Don't you think she should stand out and be the only one wearing ivory because she's the bride?"

Don't be rude, but don't go unheard. Maybe it IS unintentional. Maybe she didn't think twice about wearing ivory and didn't realize it's a no-no. I've seen it happen before, and as soon as it was addressed it was corrected without a hitch.

Good luck! Remember, as a married woman, you'll have some riffs with your MIL.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i think the bride should be the only one wearing that colour..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She's wearing white too? Girl tell her, white on that day is only for the bride and that she needs to pick one of the colors in your wedding to wear.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think she is just looking to cause some trouble. She wants to steal the attention away from the bride.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information