Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why can'tpeople accept the fact that Stan Van Gundy didn't cost the Magic the game?

People need to start looking at the players on the court. All playoffs Stan Van Gundy has been getting criticized. For not getting Howard the ball, people blamed him for putting Hedo on LeBron and not Turkolgu on his GW three in game 2, and now this. People fail to realize his coaching got them TO the finals in the first place. People thought the Sixers would beat the Magic in the first round. No one thought they would be in the finals.

People blamed him for putting Turkoglu on LeBron and not Pietrus. If you look at the play 6'10" Rashard Lewis gave 6'1" Mo Williams a clear throw to LeBron. No pressure at all. Not Stan's fault.

Game 4, The Finals. Howard misses two free throws. Not Stan's fault. Nelson gives Derek Fisher a clear three, and plays him for the lay up, and not a three. Just because he said not to foul, didn't mean not to play defense. I especially don't like how Nelson basically threw it on the coach. In an interview he said "coach said not to foul. So i didn't" then said "yea I probably should have pressured him a little bit more..."

The team needs to take the blame. All of it can't go on Stan.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey i'm there with u the reason why Stan didn't want to foul it was because he's players were shooting free throws like crap so he didn't trust them. Who would of know that Fisher was goin to hit that key 3 pointer. I mean as a Laker fan I'm glad but still Stan don't deserve the blame his players do.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information