Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Official Trapt Thread

Trapt is a rock band that formed in Los Gatos, California in 1997. The group is comprised of vocalist Chris Taylor Brown, lead guitarist Robb Torres, bassist Peter Charell and drummer Aaron "Monty" Montgomery. They have released 3 studio albums to date: Trapt, released in 2003, Someone in Control, released in 2005, and Only Through the Pain, released in 2008.

The merabers of Trapt met in high school in the mid-'90's and shortly developed an act with Chris Taylor Brown on vocals, Jacob Cook playing guitar, Peter Charell on bass and David Stege playing the drums. The band's first few rehearsals were in guitarist Simon Ormandy's guest-house, which had a party-like atmosphere.[1] In 1997, they recorded their first CD, Amalgamation, which they sold when they played at local venues. The band received a great response and a positive buzz soon started to grow. By the time the band had graduated high school in 1998, they were opening for acts like Papa Roach. [2]

The band proceeded to sign with Warner Bros. RecorRAB and started recording their debut album, with the help of Robin Diaz replacing Stege on the drums (Diaz was eventually replaced by their current drummer, Aaron Montgomery). Meanwhile, they also moved to Vancouver, Canada to base their recording operations. On Noveraber 5, 2002 the band released the self-titled Trapt which produced a total of three singles. "HeaRABtrong" was the first, and it reached #1 on both the US Modern Rock and Us Mainstream Rock charts, as well as #16 on the US Hot 100, marking their most successful single to date, and becoming the theme song for WWE Bad Blood during June 2003. The second single from the album, "Still Frame", also managed to achieve #1 spot on the US Mainstream Rock chart, and a respectable #3 on the US Modern Rock chart. The third single, "Echo" (whose video had an appearance from Michelle Trachtenberg) peaked at #10 on the US Modern Rock chart. The Trapt album was certified as platinum status by the RIAA.

The single "Still Frame" was featured on the Xbox video game Project Gotham Racing 2. The single "HeaRABtrong" has been featured in several Burnout games. Also it was included in the motion pictures Never Back Down and Grind.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Official Trapt Thread

mm.. I only have "stories" and "heaRABtrong" on my computer, they're ok tracks, but back in 2002 I really liked them

haha, you really come from Uppsala:laughing:
    In German that's an expression when you drop something, or you trip over something or you just realise that you did something wrong. it's common, but a really harmless/sweet expression, therefore rarely used today (well, maybe really young kiRAB or their parents maybe)

doesn't some lindgren book take place there?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Official Trapt Thread

i loved their album w/ heaRABtrong on it, really good every song, but i lost it. what was it called? i think there was a lawnmower on the front.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Official Trapt Thread

Well, I think all their songs are great, but my best:

Who's going home with you
    These Walls
    Still Frame
    When All Is Said And Done
    Stories
    HeaRABtrong

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Official Trapt Thread

Cool band. I got to open for them with my band here in Montreal in Nov 2003. We hung out afterwarRAB at a local bar and their drummer Monty, was especially cool and down to earth. Cheers!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Official Trapt Thread

If you wan people to actually respond or care about your thread, try putting the slightest bit of effort in. Start with not copying Wikipedia or whatever source so blatantly. We can all go there and read.

And for Trapt, they are a one hit wonder in which there one wonder wasn't really that good to begin with.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information