Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ??

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

??

was just wondering, i had 3 drains put in my appendix site for about 3 weeks, was an open wound for around 5 weeks just closed up, but the muscle above the wound is swelled right out, and i look like i have a dent in my stomach as the wound has pulled downwards.. will it ever go down, or am i going to be left with a lump and a swelling stomach?? thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

??

Hi there: J4gx How big is the lump? Did you do any lifting? Sometimes a hernia develops if a person lifts something after surgery. Sometimes people get repairs sometimes not sometimes after a repair it can return. If it isn't too big it may be just the way it healed.
    Is there any redness? heat? Did you ask the doctor about it? The doctor might tell you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

??

its raised up a few cm.. nope i havent done any as ive been told to rest after the surgery, i have been told i could get a hernia as the muscle had to be cut in half and left open to be able to leave drains in.. some redness around scar and yeah its warm, my surgeon has told me i can have plastic surgery on it in a year or so which worries me it'll never get better

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

??

Hi J4Gx! If there is heat in a wound it can sometimes indicate infection perhaps a call to the surgeon to tell him about it is in order. Also I suppose if you did any coughing sneezing or pushing with a bowel movement this might have had an effect on the intrabdominal pressure, which may have caused it split the opening and muscles. I would definately not wait to call a professional because you don't want to have an infection. It has been said citrus fruits are helpful with infection as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information