Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Skiny_Pinch

What do I do to stop spam windows from popping up?

I think that it's some sort of virus, because I'll be using the computer when all of the sudden, a new window pops up. It's always some sort of spam website. I don't know how to stop it. Help!

Bob B
    If you think you have a virus then scan your computer with your antivirus software. Though it would proberbly better if you scan for mal/spyware.

Try installing Spybot(http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html), update it and then scan for nasties. Also when you have installed Spybot make sure you click on the immunise button.

Curly
    I think you have the Vundo Trojan. And I think I just got rid of it just now. Cause I had it. I tried so many programs within the last couple of days and I finally downloaded Windows defender and it detected it with a full scan ONLY and now I think it got rid of it. Cause random pop ups and websites are not opening every stupid second. Good luck.

Curly
    I think you have the Vundo Trojan. And I think I just got rid of it just now. Cause I had it. I tried so many programs within the last couple of days and I finally downloaded Windows defender and it detected it with a full scan ONLY and now I think it got rid of it. Cause random pop ups and websites are not opening every stupid second. Good luck.

RoyxxToy
    that happened to me! get stuff like ad-watch and do a check on ur computer that scans for viruses

Dunbar Pappy
    This works for many folks (but not all; depends on your systems malware infection level):
    Unlike typical pop-up ads
    (stopped with available blockers), 3rd party cookies are entirely different critters. When PC's (personal confusers) misbehave, like pop-up's, going to unrequested sites, goofy warnings, etc.; one step to help reduce annoying pop-ups & unrequested websites from being displayed on your machine is to turn off 3rd party cookies, and always leave them off.
    These are general settings:
    INTERNET EXPLORER: Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Advanced:
    here check 'Override automatic....'; 'Allow session cookies'; 'Allow 1st party cookies' & 'Block 3rd Party Cookies'.

FIREFOX: Tools> Options> Privacy: Check 'Accept Cookies from sites'
    & Un-Check 'Accept 3rd Party cookies'

For nearly ad-free pages when surfing; use Firefox with these add-ons:
    Flashblock: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433
    Add block plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

Because architecture of the Internet (notably 'Flash' scripting), vulnerabilities are readily exploited in Internet Explorer, & it is now urgent that you
    use Firefox with 'NoScript' add-on, which will prevent "Click-jacking'.
    NoScript: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722
    Note: Some current 'rouge' malware will undo this change, so you might have to redo this step after malware has been eliminated.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information