Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FYI to C50/M50 owners

I have had the chance to ride a couple of bikes over the past couple days, 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 and Harley Dyna Glide 88ci.

The Aero is a nice setup, and IMO plenty of power. It has Kerker pipes, and sounds nice. Suspension is squishy and the controls are under your butt stock. The bars put your hands over your knees. Overall I didn't like the feel of that, just too much pull back. But overall a good bike.

The Dyna. Big motor, sounds nice, beautiful bike. But I didnt like the ride too much, and anything over 55mph and the narrow bike with a narrow shield just sucked ass. The controls are even further under my legs, almost under my thighs. The motor is torquey as hell, but will rattle you to fracking death. There are no stock bar end weights which would help I imagine. At a traffic light it's retarded how the whole bike is rattling around like a hyper chihuahua. So annoying that I had to hang my hands off to the side.

In all honesty I couldn't wait to get back to my bike. I didn't like either of these as a package, and now I know I don't want a Harley. However, I WILL be installing the C50 bars on my bike as I did like some of the pullback their bars had. Just not so much.

Overall, the C50/M50 bikes were just so much nicer to ride. It was reassuring to me to have riden these bikes to be able to appreciate mine so much more now.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FYI to C50/M50 owners

I agree. My C50C is much more balance than my Shadow 750 was, handles better, and is easy on the curves. I enjoy riding alot more on my C50C, but I do wish they would fix the gear ratio on the final drive. I cannot stand interstate riding for this reason.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FYI to C50/M50 owners

Biggest problem i have with my 50 is getting into 1st gear from a complete stop. Often gets me trying to leave from a stop in second gear. Stopped at a Suzuki shop for a quick look, they didn't ride it --sat on it in their parking lot and shifted thru the gears a couple times and said it seemed OK. ?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FYI to C50/M50 owners

You should be in first gear before wheel stop. Try downshifting thru all gears and as your rolling to a stop, tap shifter a couple of times to make sure your in first. This was taught in my MSF class. This is so you can take off quickly in case the arse-whole behind you wants to kiss yours.:bluethum:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FYI to C50/M50 owners

Is this your first bike?

Assuming that the clutch is properly adjusted and not dragging.......you're probably just going to have to get used to it taking a little more effort and making a big CLUNK when going into first. That is hard for many new (to jap bikes) riders to accept. It is often necessary to let the clutch out a bit and then pull it back in OR roll the bike forward or back a few inches. [edit] guess that option is OUT with a trike!!]

If this is NOT your first bike (or first jap bike) and you KNOW it's not right, then go back to the dealer and insist that they shift it from 1st to neutral several times....maybe while riding around the parking lot.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FYI to C50/M50 owners

Hey Donny,
    I just picked up an 08 M50 like yours.
    Nice bike. My first M was 2007 midnight blue metallic.

My wife dubbed this the Bumble bee.

Best,
    Ken

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FYI to C50/M50 owners

Congrats! Welcome to the Bee Club!:bluethum:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FYI to C50/M50 owners

All you have to do is rock it a little.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FYI to C50/M50 owners

Mine is Road Runner due to the horn

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FYI to C50/M50 owners

I not too familiar with the fiddy shifter linkage. On the 90 we have the ability to lube the shifter pivot. Makes a big difference and yes, as I slowly, roll to a stop I am in 1st gear.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information