Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    !!Jack!!

i'm not really sure what this means, anyone in college help?

http://www.arttherapy.org/mastereducationstandards.htmFor the master’s degree, a minimum of 48 graduate semester credits (or 72 quarter-hour credits) is required to meet standards for graduate level art therapy education. [60 graduate semester credits (or 90 quarter-hour credits) may be required for licensure or clinical education standards in some states].i really don't get what that means...how long do i have to go to college for?

Phill T

Depending on the class, most classes are 3 credits. A person usually takes 4 classes a semester, so that is 12 credits a semester. If you don't fail any classes or take less then 3 credits per class, then to reach the minimum of 48 it would take 1 year, if you do ALL semesters, including summer. The 60 credits would be a 2 year degree, or 2 more years if you already have your associates.

!BASH!

Each class in college is worth so many credits. Usually one class = 3 credit hours. Some classes are worth 4 or 5 or even 2. The beginning of the course number will usually tell you, for example BIO311 means Biology 3 credit hours (because the first number is a 3). So 48 credits will be roughly 16 classes, assuming each class is worth 3 credit hours (which, they probably will be worth more b/c they are graduate classes so it could be less than 16 classes). A full semester in graduate school is 9 credit hours so if you plan to be full time each semester, it will take about 5 years to get done. Now I have friends who take more than 9 hours, they take 15. So it will only take them 3 years to complete, you see?The second part about 60 credit hours is saying that it may take you longer (ie, you have to take more classes) to get a license in your state. You'll have to check with your school to see if that's the case for your state.

teejack7

In order to graduate from the program, you need 48 graduate credits, if your classes are semester long classes, or 72 credits if your classes are quarter long classes. However, in some states, you need more classes than that, if you are going to be able to be licensed there. So if you plan to practice in a state like that, you will need to take more than the number of credits normally required to graduate.In other words, to graduate, you need 48 credits, but to practice in some states, you need more. How long you have to go for depends on how many credits each class is. If each class is 4 credits, and they meet on a semester calendar, you'll graduate after 12 classes. If you take three classes per semester, that's four semesters.

Phillies2k8

IT Tutorials-http://good-tutorial.org

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information