Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    neelie

How do I get rid of moles from my garden.?

I was told mothballs might work if dropped in the hole, had little or no effect.

Gardengirl
    I put unlit firelighters down the runs as they hate the smell of the lighter fluid and they do last for quite a while.

I also set traps but they are very difficult to catch. If you use traps wear an old pair of gardening gloves when handling them or the mole will be able to smell you and you will have no hope of catching them. Set the trap in a run about 6 inches or so away from a mole hill.

Unfortunately you can only deter them for so long as they will generally come back, even if you trap some others will move into the area so resign yourself to viewing it as an ongoing battle.

latinoshoney
    My yard has moles as well.

I also called an exterminator out and they wanted $500 to get rid of them and they would have to keep coming back with an additional fee each visit.

A friend of mine sent me these links to look at.

Good luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information