Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Seniors, how's your garden growing this year?

Anyone try any novelty items that they were pleased with? I planted those oriental yard long beans (also called asparagus beans). We liked them. Anybody ever planted or tasted those Asian winged beans?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not growing worth a darn. It's been too cold here, and everything is behind schedule. We picked some regular green beans today, finally.

Haven't tried the novelty things for many years. They didn't work well for us.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sadly no garden this year, due to bad climate.

Not good this yr. The tangerine tree lost a lot of leaves & seems to be changing very late w/few leaves & no blossoms. Only one tomato on a bush that volunteered. Its been too hot & dry this yr.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ummmm...I've never seen such hardy weeds in my life!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Our garden is alright but I am tired of fighting weeds and trying to keep the deer out. Our dear neighbor who is 86 brings us vegetables from her garden. It is huge and has a high fence around it. I may not try again next year. Poppy

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I stick with the old stand by's and this year wasn't to good for growing..not hot enough....and one thing that didn't help I purchased tomato plants at Walmart and they had the wrong tags on the tomato's I had three out of six cherry plants....what a bummer...next year I will purchase item's some where else.

I did try the topsy turvy and I had tomato's not bad....I notice a lot of neighbors were making there own...buckets were hanging all over.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I grew some summer squash during the early summer, but I live in the south and the stuff I like is more a winter crop than summer. I can go to the state farmers market to get wonderful fresh veggies that I can't grow. I haven't heard of or tried either of those beans, I would love to try them!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Our garden is alright but I am tired of fighting weeds and trying to keep the deer out. Our dear neighbor who is 86 brings us vegetables from her garden. It is huge and has a high fence around it. I may not try again next year. Poppy

imported_ConansOwner
    Not good this yr. The tangerine tree lost a lot of leaves & seems to be changing very late w/few leaves & no blossoms. Only one tomato on a bush that volunteered. Its been too hot & dry this yr.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information