Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I need a grown up phone!

I am currently using the Motorola Razr and I also have the sidekick 3. No sk jokes please.

I am interesting in getting a Treo. I've been eye'n it for a while. Now, which one do you recommend?? I like the Treo 680 but I've been reading here that most folks say get the Treo 750. For those with the knowledge, could you give me the pro's and con's of each.

love ya much

~Niki

I need a grown up phone!

680 runs Palm OS, the 750 runs Windows Mobile....depends on what you want and what you like...some say they like Palm over Windows and some people say they like Windows over Palm....best thing to do is think of what you want the phone to do and what you need it for and look at the third party apps and then go from there

I need a grown up phone!

you're right. I didn't think of that. I just know I want a different phone than what I normally get. But I want also some of the advantages that the sk gives me. Like getting my email, calender, etc. And I love the idea of a touch screen and stuff.

I need a grown up phone!

Another question, in the long run, which do you think is better?

I need a grown up phone!

Neither of them are better. They are both prone to random reboots for no reason.

If you want a grown up phone, get a Blackberry

I need a grown up phone!

i agree get a blackberry great for real time emails and stuff.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need a grown up phone!

If email is the most important...or the only important thing to you, Blackberry does email better than most. You can dress up a Blackberry with chrome sides, trackballs, blue & red plastic...and all that, but in the end...it's still a Blackberry, and if you want a phone that does anything else well besides email...there are better choices.

Having had the Samsung Blackjack and the Palm Treo 750 for a while...I can say with conviction that I hate the Windows Mobile OS with a passion...although I must say that Samsung does a pretty good job of it...much better than the Treo. The Treo 750 is the Treo that most people love to hate...with a huge number of glitches and issues, most of which have been around from the first release day...and have never been resolved.

I have had the Treo 680, with the tried and true Palm OS for several months of daily use and love it. It has an amazing support umbrella online...since the Palm OS has been around for a long time. And, although the phone has some quirks...like any other, they are easy to work around and are few compared to the 750 and other smartphones. The phone is easily modified with hundreds of 3rd-party software apps that can be quickly downloaded...to make your Treo 680 whatever you want it to be, and do pretty much anything yuo want it to do.

I was totally intimidated by the prospect of a steep learning curve going from regular mobile phones to a smartphone...but the Treo 680 has made that minimal at the very worst. I cannot say that at all about the Treo 750 and the Windows Mobile OS. It is a bear to learn...and hard to enjoy.

For a "grown-up phone" that is also good looking...the Treo 680!!

I need a grown up phone!

Thankie!! Thankie!!

I need a grown up phone!

My favorite internet / messaging device is the E61i. You can see my review in my sig. It does everything well and connects to BBC and Exchange.

I need a grown up phone!

Can you assign ringtone to callers with the Treo?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information