Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pleas

Kay

Pleas

affairs)? I'm in a democratic government club at school and Thursday we have a debate with the republican club. Our main topic if foreign policy, and my topic specifically is foreign affairs. I don't really know much about it, I just know it deals with what countries we should be associating with and why, and what countries we should not be associating with. I just recently started getting interested in politics and that is why I joined this club. So someone, please, where should I begin my research?

Mercer Devil
    With world history. I think the best way to understand the current situation across the world is to look at the history leading up to it. Then you can better determine what we should or shouldn't be doing in terms of foreign affairs.

iamct01
    First you need to understand that the best way to spread democracy is to be a good example of it.

chuckimagine
    Start with the policies of John McCain. just go to his website and click on "foreign policy". He's the only that has any agenda that makes sense.

iamct01
    First you need to understand that the best way to spread democracy is to be a good example of it.

Pythagoras
    If you are in the Democratic club, I might recommend going to the websites of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, since they are the standard bearers for your party at the moment. Read through their foreign policy sections. Decide which ones you agree with and which ones you disagree with.

Then go to McCain's website. Look at his suggestions for foreign policy. See how they compare and contrast to the Democrats.

ithacanian07
    First you should look at where we actually are and how other countries view the relationships that we have (a good recent example is the US government's recognition of the newly independent state of Kosovo and how it is affecting our relationship with Russia and the European Union, the classic is, of course, the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict)

Second you should consider morality. Is it right to support a dictator just because they like us (Pakistan)?

Kelly P
    Look into foreign lobbyists.

The term “foreign lobby” is used for any domestic organization or association whose primary goal is supporting the policies of a foreign nation or government; or that seeks to influence the foreign policy of the United States toward that nation or government.

loubean
    How telling that someone in a democratic debate club is involved in a debate they know nothing about.

How did you get in this club, anyway?

My advice? don't listen to partisan opinions found here, look it up yourself. And be prepared, you don't want to look like an idiot.

THE REAL MICHAEL SAVAGE
    Obviously, the Middle East is a good starting point. Expect to be hit with a great deal of fear mongering. Next i would study foreign trade and it's effects on our economy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information