Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    rexpac

New to Expressvu- need help

Hi guys,

I've been with Rogers for years, and i'm planning to go with Bell Express vu for my condo. Currently i just have one television (regular CRT) so i'm planning to go with 1 standard reciever.

If i decide to get another television for my room, do i need to rent another reciever from bell?
    While searching on craigslist, there are people who are selling their expressvu recievers. If i buy the receiver from them, would it work? Or does Bell have to do something on their end.

Pinza

You do not have to Rent from Bell at all, the choice is yours.

If buying a used receiver I would research some of the threads on this Forum. Basically, ensure it has the New Smart Card (Needs to start with S06) and that it can be transferred to you (ie, not a Rental unit being sold etc) and that the seller has informed Bell they are selling it. Get the R00# and Card # if possible to contact bell about the status of the receiver.

You mention that you are moving into a Condo.? You might like to make sure that you can have Satelitte service as not all condo's allow this.

dosborne

As Pinza states, do a lot of reading about buying used. Often, it is not worth it as you don't get the new customer promo's, particularly if you have to shell out for a new card. Also, buying used, you never really know what condition or problems you may be buying. A used SD receiver should be worth about $50 max based on new prices so often is not wrth it. But sometimes it works out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information