Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Shouldn't men be able to dodge parental responsibility to the same degree women can?

A woman can go sleep around, get pregnant, and have the choice to wash her hands of any responsibility by not becoming a parent. A man on the other hand is forced to be responsible for a kid he may not want (child support).

So my question is, shouldn't a guy be able to not have to pay child support if he chooses not to be a parent? Shouldn't he be able to sleep around and not have to be held accountable for his actions? Why should only women have the choice to be immune from consequences?

Why are women such hypocrites when it comes to reproductive rights? What ever happened to the "equality" they love preaching about?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You know, every time I slept around I got pregnant. Good thing I was married or those twelve pregnancies would have been quite the problem! *joking*

I don't understand, will never understand, why the children that result from these pregnancies are never considered. I seriously am ready to go back to the days of shot-gun weddings. Then both parents can be equally responsible and equally miserable. At this point I don't really care, I just feel sorry for all those little tikes out there that nobody seems to want.

Here is the lowdown on reproductive rights. If an adult has intercourse pregnancy might occur. Even with birth control it could happen, there is no 100% effective birth control. If an adult cannot handle that possibility, don't have intercourse. Once an adult person does participate in a pregnancy the result is a child. Once that happens both adults in the partnership can just suck it up and take care of their child.

That is the size of it really. Babies aren't pieces of meat to be thrown away. They aren't a "responsibilty". They are very small human beings who need two loving, invested parents. The equality part comes in with this--think about the consequences before spreading your legs or dipping your wick. i am fed up with both genders on this one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information