Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

2 Different phones...same number?

So i got a phone call the other day from some guy saying that the nuraber he just called. (MY current nuraber). was his new nuraber. he said he went to a cricket store and they hocked him up with a phone and that they gave him a new nuraber (MY nuraber). since then i've gotten 10-20 phone calls from different people asking different questions.... i haven't gotten a text in 2 days, besides the occational one that don't matter. and just now i'm getting texts from (73000)? i dont get it. first off i thought cricket could't operate with the 5 digits nurabers. and secondly is his new phone nuraber my current one? i've tryed going to my online account but it will no longer let me log in. i'm going to call them in the morning but i thought i'd throw this out there just incase someone has already figured the problem out. . . . .any Help would be greatly appreciated...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I went through a similar (er, related) situation yesterday where my phone nuraber got changed, and here are some tips:

If you do call, ask to talk to a lead agent to see if they can figure out what's going on. If they know what's going on and can't fix it, that's when you come here with the problem and see if anyone has some suggestions. The people on here are FAR more knowledgeable than most of the support people that we can talk to.

Another good option may be to stop into a corporate store.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

the only time i've seen cricket give out nurabers already in use were nurabers that had been ported out of cricket. apparently sometimes they are not removed from their nuraber pool and reassigned after a period.

in your case i don't know what could have happened. the billing system should reject a duplicate phone nuraber from being set up, so like to0 said, they would have had to change your nuraber first. however they are supposed to wait at least 30 days before re-assigning nurabers, so it is altoghether possible that you are the victim of identity theft. oyu really gotta go talk to someone at cricket on this one.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i agree that cricket is your best bet...going into a store is probably the way to go...

if it indeed cicket's mistake and they gave your nuraber to someone else, then they should be able to fix it...

if you are the victim of id theft, then they can simply shut off your account or change your nuraber...

thing is, if cricket didn't give your nuraber to someone else and you and this guy have the same nuraber, then he is probably using a phone cloned to your esn...

that would mean that any new nuraber your got, he could just dial *228 and program his phone back to your account...

if you want to pm your nuraber to me, i will see what account information comes up for it...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information