Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Teenyman

Anyone Have any Success with Proactive

My friend used it and it didnt work at all. ITs to much trouble to do it everyday like that.

He used acutane for his realy realy bad acne, not it doesnt look like her ever had any, you have to look realy close to see a couple scars but thats it. It worked realy well.

Also my acne went away a bit when I stoped drinking pop everyday. Then when I started coffee everyday it came back, so diet definatly has a roll in it.

s. anne

My daughter has been using proactive for about a year now. It has made a huge difference for her. She is very good about using it twice a day. If she misses a couple days while away from home she breaks out. A neigrabroador boy also used it for quite awhile. He gets cysts on his face, so he eventually had to start using accutane. Apparently, it is only useful for basic acne.
    Good luck, Ann

arsalan88

Im thinking about trying proactive. I get pimples now and then. An would like to get clear skin. I read somewhere that Proactive balances the skins pH, which reduces the pimples. I just want to know if anyone has had any success with practive?

laindenver

Hi, I tried proactive a few years ago and It did help some. I was still broken out but not as badly. I think that on more mild acne it works better. Unlike some people I never had a problem with it irritating my skin. My vote is if you have mild acne and don't mind the expense then try it, at the very least they have a good cleanser and mask. Good luck.

i-be-peabody

Hello

First of all, in saying what Im' saying, keep in mind that i have not had acne all my life, only since starting an unrelated drug treatment for an unrelated illness

It worked WONDERS FOR ME. I had great skin until I got sick in my 20s. The medication caused me to have horrid breakouts in places i'd never had them before. Chin, Cheeks, nose ARMS, etc...

Proactive wasn't the instant miracle that they advertise... no Instant miracles anyway. It took about three days to notice any difference but within a month, I was completely clear again and have stayed that way. My skin tone is also more even and youthful. It's softer and smoother and the few scars i have seem to have even diminished..

I usually use a little under the directions (says twice a day, I only use once.) and when i went from using it twice to once, I did break out in a few tiny places but nothing I can't deal with.

I do get small breakouts now and again but as long as i use proactive, they're significantly smaller by next day and gone about 12-24 hours after that.

This is my experience with it.

*hugs* Best of luck to you..

love.. pea

3ex

No. Not for my nodular acne. ONLY accutane has been effective at stopping my acne for good, 99% of the time. But, I did like their face wash and refining clay/mud mask. I found the mask VERY impressive for evening out overal tone and reducing swelling/redness. Its good to prepare for impotant events. I would buy them reglularly, but they get expensive.

i-be-peabody

Oh PS I have had a few of the cyst spots.. They are painful and swolen and bleed right? Well those I get around my period every month . They are tenacious and hang on! But when i use proactive products on them and am diligent on using it as recommended, I find those take 24-48 hours AT MOST to calm down and shrink. Within three days, they're gone, no trace. Far better than the scars I used to get..... Because i popped them! I don't recommend doing THAT at all but some ppl do lol..

~pea

wholegrain

I used it for years and it worked fine. Only problem was that I was too lazy to do all three steps twice a day. But if I used it religiously, it worked like a charm.

I ran out once and didn't have the money to buy more, and in those couple of months, my face got BAD. Huge cysts everywhere. But when I got Proactive again, it didn't do anything for my skin except make it itchy and red and dry.

Tried doing stuff like Proactiv once a day every other day, but my skin was just too sensitive at that point, so I gave up on it.

Realized recently that not eating sugar helps even better than Proactiv ever did.

toothbrush1

I tried Proactive for a few months. It didnt have any effect.

scb1989

it didnt work for me! just made my skin really dry. the whole routine of using the three products twice a day is annoying too. and they just keep sending you it and charging you for it every month. kind of ridiculous!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information