Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

VX8600 vs. Chocolate vs. KRZR K1m

Hopefully, my family will soon be getting a new Verizon plan, so I figured I'd plan ahead and start comparing a few different phones.

As far as these three go, my favorite as far as style and functions go would have to be the Chocolate. However, two big concerns are a) the touch sensitive keys will be, well, too sensitive, and b) since the screen is always "open", it will probably scratch a lot easier than the clamshells. It is also the most expensive ($30 with 2 year contract). Are these worries valid?

I like the style of both the others, although maybe the VX8600 a little more than the KRZR. However, if the KRZR gives much better performance than the 8600, I'll go with that one.

Thanks for any help/suggestions you can give me!

Edit: Oops! Forgot to mention that it will primarily be used as a phone, but also as an MP3 player and snapshot camera, so those two functions are important.

VX8600 vs. Chocolate vs. KRZR K1m

My suggestion would be the 8600. I had the 8500 for about 2 weeks, and I couldn't stand the touch buttons. They are a serious pain to use, however other than that the phone is great. I loved the slider design as well as all of the features and the ability to multi task, for example, being able to send a text while listening to music. I traded that in because of the touch buttons and got the KRZR. That was a huge mistake. The KRZR is terrible in my opinion. The UI is horrendously slow, it makes the phone almost impossible to use. It gets decent reception, but nothing spectacular. I really like the 8600. It works great, has the flash UI and gets good reception. In my opinion it is the best out of the three. Good luck.
    -z

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information