Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Birds on the Bat

Lee Elia's rant 25 years ago today...this is hilarious. What's your favorite coach rant?

“I’ll tell you one (bleeping) thing, I hope we get (bleeping) hotter than (bleep), just to stuff it up them 3,000 (bleeping) people that show up every (bleeping) day. Because if they’re the real Chicago (bleeping) fans, they can kiss my (bleeping) ass right downtown – and print it!”
    “The (bleepers) don’t even work. That’s why they’re out at the (bleeping) game. They oughta go out and get a (bleeping) job and find out what it’s like to go out and earn a (bleeping) living. Eighty-five percent of the (bleeping) world is working. The other 15 come out here.”
    “So what I’m tryin’ to say is don’t rip them (bleeping) guys out there. Rip me. If you wanna rip somebody, rip my (bleeping) ass. But don’t rip them (bleeping) guys because they’re giving everything they can give. Once we hit that (bleeping) groove, it’ll flow. And it will flow.”
    Oh yeah, BTW basic info...he was the Cubs coach in '83.
    I don't rip on the Cubs everyday, roadkill. In fact, I've praised the way they've started this year and I've always been a fan of Lou Piniella. There's lots of Cardinal jabbing here though from Cubs fans and I have to defend my team.

As far as La Russa goes, he made a mistake and he admitted it right away. Hey, guess what? I'm willing to bet many of us have gotten behind a wheel after drinking...maybe only 1 or 2 drinks but we've been intoxicated before behind the wheel and I'm not condoning that but let's just make sure we aren't being too judgmental because if any of us were in the public eye, we wouldn't want our dirty laundry out there even though it would be. I know you're just giving La Russa and Cards fans a hard time about it but I just thought I'd make that point.

P.S. - Harry Caray would be ashamed of some of the acts Wrigley Field has seen the past 5 years.

nofear_intrepid40
    This is my favorite rant,as far as baseball is concerned. Imagine if they had youtube back then!!

roadkill
    are we digging for jabs at the Cubs EVERY DAY?

I'm gonna work up some La Russa drunk questions just for you.

I'm all for humor, i found it even funnier when he tried to sue because someone read it to his daughter.... the lawyer said good luck, you told them to print it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information