Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

photographers, if i like travel photography should i buy a tripod?? but how much...

...hassle is it carrying? please dont make comments like, well if you really into it you wouldnt mind it being a hassle blar blar blar...

i just want to know is it ahassle weightwise and i travel and walk alot so dunno if its worth it....

P.S....I ONLY HAVE A CANON G11...point n shoot. but i can do things with it as good as a slr x

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want to get great landscape shots of scenery or night time photography, or even pictures of waterscapes etc.. a tripod is necessary. You can buy a travel tripod or monopods for use when out and about but if you want to get the best shots and your willing to wait around for hours to get the perfect light for your landscape shots you should get a good sturdy tripod. Manofrotto and Velbron are your best bet for tripods. Tripods come in a shoulder bag and are easy enough to carry around. Don't go for the cheap tripods like hama star as they will break on your first use ( I know that from experience).

Good Luck!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want to get great landscape shots of scenery or night time photography, or even pictures of waterscapes etc.. a tripod is necessary. You can buy a travel tripod or monopods for use when out and about but if you want to get the best shots and your willing to wait around for hours to get the perfect light for your landscape shots you should get a good sturdy tripod. Manofrotto and Velbron are your best bet for tripods. Tripods come in a shoulder bag and are easy enough to carry around. Don't go for the cheap tripods like hama star as they will break on your first use ( I know that from experience).

Good Luck!

I use a G10 along with my DSLRs and really enjoy it for times I don't feel like carrying bulky equipment.With such a small camera I usually find I can use a car fender, garbage can or in the case of the following image, a street light pole to brace against.http://www.flickr.com/photos/perki88/4471928712/in/set-72157623760329818/ rather than carry my tripod.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tripod is a MUST for a photographer.

You may not use it for all of the shots, but there are plenty of occasions where you need to to use a solid support for your camera.. Even if it is a point and shoot..

Given the size / level of the camera, you don't need to go crazy, and buy yourself a pro equipment.. Matter of fact, i'd get one of the gorillapods and/or a cheap stand from, say, Wallgreens or staples.

Gorillapod will allow you to mount camera in an unusual spot, and basic tripod will let you to fit your camera on the eye level..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You may not use it for all of the shots, but there are plenty of occasions where you need to to use a solid support for your camera.. Even if it is a point and shoot..

Given the size / level of the camera, you don't need to go crazy, and buy yourself a pro equipment.. Matter of fact, i'd get one of the gorillapods and/or a cheap stand from, say, Wallgreens or staples.

Gorillapod will allow you to mount camera in an unusual spot, and basic tripod will let you to fit your camera on the eye level..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information