Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Alison N

How would l find a spaghetti recipe from a 1953 better homes and gardens cookbook?

How would l get a spaghetti recipe from a 1953 better homes and gardens cookbook?

Dottie R
    Well, you might have gotten lucky because I have my mother's old BH&G cook book that is so old we've lost the inside title page that would say when it was published, but it's from somewhere in the 50s because my first cookbook was the Junior BH&G cook book in 1960. My "new" BH&G Cook book was published in 1981!

Anyway, I'll type up one of the recipes for you if you tell me which one you think it is. There are 4 spaghetti recipes: I'll give you a few of the ingredients that differentiate them to jog your memory!

Irish-Italian Spaghetti - uses canned tomato soup and cream of mushroom soup

Spaghetti Oven Dinner - a dozen small onions, link sausage, American cheese and canned spaghetti sauce

Meatballs with Spaghetti - shows you how to make your meatballs and what I'd call a marinara sauce

Italian Spaghetti Sauce - canned tomatoes and tomato sauce plus mushrooms, onions and herbs along with ground beef

If any of these sound like the recipe you're looking for, tell me which one! I've kept Mom's as well as mine because the recipes are different - some even with the same name!

If these don't strike you as being what you're looking for, try their website: BHG.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information