Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

First to RECIEVE a T5 - Post Here

Just to make things interesting, I decided to put up this thread. The first person to actually RECIEVE, not order or get confirmation that it shipped, but actually have it physically in their hand, should post in reply.

Good luck! (I can't WAIT for mine!!)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a question when someone gets their T5. Does it feel like a quality PDA or does it feel kind of hollow like the TE?

I'm still waiting until P1 releases a true upgrade to the T3 before making a new purchase but I'm hoping that P1 sells a lot of T5's.

Even with my harsh criticisms of the T5, I still love the Palm OS and my sincerest desire is to see PalmSource and PalmOne prosper.

I believe the intangibles, such as the way it feels, are very important. Anyone who owns an iPod knows exactly what I'm talking about. The m515 elicited that emotion of "my precious."

Well the first one to receive a T5 won't be me....I cancelled my order based upon a check with Customer Service and that they can't tell me when it was going to ship.

I suspect that the reported glitch and other issues might delay the release.

I also decided to wait and see if a reported/rumored large format Treo will be released is true and since P1 has decided not to release the Treo until later this month, I hope that I'm surprised by a as yet revealed 320 X 480 formatted device in a Smartphone configuration.

Also, the comments made by both iiicRules and KimH with regards to the new Dell units and compatibility issues with a PPC device (yes I said it) have me wondering if Palm is going to stay up with the competition.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Never thought I'd ever say that but I'm glad you canceled your order until after the bugs are fixed. I don't get why, other than suicide, P1 is doing by releasing such a screwed up model with hardly any redeeming Revolutionary breakthrough features.

Errr it kinda angers me. After all that hype too. errrrr I'm disappointed. Has anyone else heard the rumor about a possible T6?

-Seth

There's not going to be a T6 or equivalent at least until next spring. Maybe not even till next fall. palmOne doesn't have that kind of money. Plus, it would defeat the purpose of the T5 if they released another right now.

BTW, what are these 'so called glitches'?

Per Moose Man

Default Calendar Button
    There was a report of the default calendar view not being able to be remapped on the button and causing crashes. PDABuzz at the moment still has a link to the report at here but a couple of other sites have pulled the story that was originally posted on Friday.

Seems that P1 might be asking for a retraction of the story because it had been reported at PalmInfoCenter and 1SRC and now the links appear to have been removed.

I askeds the same question on another link
    mas

There have been several reviews of the T5: The Gadgeteer and Palminfocenter and neither site has noted the glitch....it may have been related to some other software conflict rather than a builtin glitch.

The orginal story is located here: http://www.pocketfactory.com/archive...us_tungste.php

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I cant find the link but on the P1 T5 tech supposrt FAQ there is an article about how to deal with cyclical soft resets....doesnt sound too good to me. It wasnt there a few days ago Im sure of that!! Also, I saw somewhere that P1 had posted a work around for the calendar problem...surely it must be a real problem!!

What's the best news on this thread so far?

THAT SOS HAS A 1GB Panasonic Card. Ehhhxxxcellennnnt.

That will be coming in handy for you sooner than you think! I'm still sporting the 256 Panasonic, but may upgrade . . . soon.

Standard non-spring stylus on T5, after most of us bought replacement 3-packs of the T3 style. No WiFi. Barely longer battery life in practice (5 hrs).

PROS: Permanent no slider (but that's a matter of opinion), somewhat "safer" flash but not a true 256MB. Keep that in mind.

No voice recorder or vibrate. That kills it for me.

There are as many losses as gains, but the price is $399. A better move would have been halfway between the TE/T3 price spread. I'm trying to be positive but can't be - they messed up.

Alas, help is on the way from somewhere. I'm sure of it!! One good benefit of this is that the new OS5 versoin with bugfixes may be available as an upgrade to T3 owners? I can only hope!

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yup, proud owner of a 1gb pana 32x card. VFSmark sucks donkeys on my TT but I dont care..it works great.....

sounds like somwthing big cooking PTL....I wonder what it is...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information