Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Palm GPS for palm T/X

hey guys, i'm looking into getting a T/X for contact, calendar, and wifi...but another very important feature is the gps add on through palm website (or wherever really). How good is that software and map software? is the bluetooth receiver always connected, no interference and issues?

If any of you have it and have used it, hopefully you can shed some light for me.

The reason i want a palm with gps addon, is because if i buy strictly a gps recevier...then it wont have the palm capabilities which I dont need, but I could sure use them. Plus i like the wireless aspect of it, to be able to jump on and browse for a little .

Palm GPS for palm T/X

Hi Pos_User,

As far as I know (based on Palm's website), it is not released yet by Palm. Maybe there is a 3rd party hardware that can work with TX (I am not sure).

http://www.palm.com/us/products/hand...tx/options.epl (it says coming soon!)

Palm GPS for palm T/X

The GPS unit sold by Palm is available for the TX. I talked to Palm the other day and have one in the mail as we speak. Can't wait!

Palm GPS for palm T/X

seidio offers many GPS options for TX

1) G4850 Integrated GPS car kit - with the latest SiRF III GPS, it is also available in a package with TomTom software and maps.
    2) G4500 car kit with BT receiver, it is also available in a package with TomTom software and maps.

Both G4850 and G4500 come with the extar grip guides. Both allows you to operate Palm TX in the landscape mode while in the cradle.

Seidio also offers full line of accessories for Palm TX, screen protector, stylus and chargers and cables.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...S&Category=783

Palm GPS for palm T/X

Hi

This is David Chang, Product Marketing Manager for Seidio. I will be here in this forum quite often to answer the questions you may have regarding to Palm TX GPS or other Seidio Palm TX accessories or take care any customer support issues.

Some readers ask what is the differnece between G4850 car kit and G4850 navigation kit

G4850 car kit- G4850 already has SiRF III GPS built in, for those you already have GPS software and maps, this is good.

G4850 Navigation kit - This comes with G4850 car kit and Tomtom 5.1 software and maps. This is a complete package. You get all you need for your GPS needs in this box.

If you have any questions, you can email me or just post your questions here.

David Chang
    Seidio
    [email protected]

Palm GPS for palm T/X

Garmin has a bluetooth GPS receiver that could possibly work.

Palm GPS for palm T/X

I have a Zire 72 that included the GPS Navigation Pak. I have been quite impressed with it. It uses the TomTom Navigator software. It has voice direction, built in WAAS, came with 8 CDs for maps of USA and Canada. There have been a positive review in PC World magazine on it. Works on on the T|X from the review.

Palm GPS for palm T/X

I got in my Palmone Navigator for my TX. I've used it several times now and am very pleased with it. I highly recommend it if you are looking at GPS for your TX. It comes with a car charger that splits off to charge the handheld and the GPS if needed. Great unit!

Palm GPS for palm T/X

Any software that will do X Country? Not just state by state?

Palm GPS for palm T/X

SeidioSeidio,
    Is the only GPS/Maps available for the T3, the GS2500S & RBT-2010? What about the software? If so, then the only way GPS to T3 would be through BT?

Thanks in advance
    o2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information