Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

very anxious newbee

Hi all im new here
    I had to have a lumber puncher done on the 01/09 due to eyesight getting worse it was a awfull procedure for me as i am am scared to death of needles
    it took around 45 mins and although i was numb i still felt alot of pressure and pain
    the neurologist recorded about 45% water/pressure build up which was quite worrying
    I was then contacted a week later and was told i may need to have another very quickly and may even have to have a brain shunt operation done
    Obviously i am very aprehensive and scared. I am now booked back in to go for another lumbar on the 06/10 and wondered if there was any other way to have this procedure done other than lying on my side feeling alot of pain ?
    i know this may sound like i am being silly but my fear of needles is huge and i get very high blood pressure when i know i have to have a needle
    any help would be greatly appreciated
    Emily

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

very anxious newbee

Hey Emily,

I had over 40 needles in my back due to Spinal fluid leakage so I know what you are going through. I myself am not afraid of needles but I psych myself up when I know I'm having needles. I know it's not easy but take a few deep breaths and think to yourself, 'it's only a couple of minutes out of my life, I can do this' It sounds crazy and almost too simple but it can help, just think, 'this has to be done, there is no way around this but to get a needle, it has to be done to make me better'....just try next time
    Good Luck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information