Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SW44 problem

ngpostoffice

SW44 problem

I setup a new SW44 switch to my 9200 (ports 3 and 4) and 3100 (port 2) a week ago (port 1 had power inserter connected and powered but no receiver on it...yet). For some strange reason last evening when I went to connect my 2700 on the connector on the power inserter, I lost signal to my 9200 on ports 3 and 4.

I went through an array of trouble shooting tactics with Bell but I could not get a signal going to the 9200. If I hooked up my 3100 to either ports 3 and 4 though the 3100 received signal fine. So then I was thinking it is the cabling...so I connected a feed directly from both the 91LNB and the 82LNB back to the two inputs on the 9200 and received signal.....so I knew cabling was ok.

After bell said they were sending me a new switch I decided to take tuner 1 from my 9200 and put it in port 1 (or the power inserter's connection) and tuner 1 received signal. However, still nothing on tuner 2. The next strange thing is that I put a new coax connector on the switch end of the cable going to tuner 2 and that worked too. Is it possible the switch is flakey or do I have a possible cable connector short problem? Seems weird though that it all worked for a week and the only thing I did to trip off the problem was connect my 2700 to port 1 (on the power inserter's connect).

Any thoughs would be very much appreciated.

Jaygeetee

SW44 problem

It might be as easy as rebooting the 9200 or check switch in the dish pointing menu...it sounds like the sw44 is working.

ngpostoffice

SW44 problem

I did rebooted......a few times actually. And did the check switch several times as well. It is indeed very strange.....stumped the BEV level 4 tech too. They are sending me a new switch anyway so I will be curious.

I just find it strange that this all seemed to happen when I put a new connector on the line going into the power inverter (opposite side of a 2700 I have feed into the power inverter - and the power inverter is in port 1 of the SW44)

IronWilliamCash

SW44 problem

It probably is your sw-44, you'll find out quick enough anyways when you get your swtich, but it could be a crossover on a wire too.

BTW: Level 4 techs don't exist, level 3 is the top.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information