Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This or That - Movie Board Version (READ THIRD POST) New Question 8/03

Same here! I try to eat before the movies too. It's way easier. And they have so many previews that even if you buy food, you will probably finish before the movie anyway. Hehe.

New question: Do you enjoy big stars or prefer movies with unknown actors?

crazy4pacey_99

I like seeing movies the first weekend they come out because I will usually forget to see it later as other things in life are happening :sigh: and to me it has so much more appeal that first weekend for some reason lol - thats probably a bit random but anyways....- depends on the movie and anticipation level and money i have at the time

jackiehydelover

I'm an avid member of netflix, so if I don't catch the film in the theater, I'll normally rent it before I buy it. If I love it, I'll run to the store, if I hate it, thank God I didn't waist 25 bucks on it!

-res cogitans-

depends on the type of movie as to whether you want to be in a crowded cinema or an empty one...

crazy4pacey_99

Usually buy when it is a movie I really want. Especially if it has heaps of special features I also wait for the dvd sales the shops have - where I can get really great movies that I have wanted for ages for around 12 bucks But just like you Anji - I have heaps of dvds I haven't watched yet - mostly due to lack of time and just watching my faves over and over - I like watching a movie that I know the ending like the back of my hand

taovande

I take my chances and just buy. I know what I like and I also remember reviews from critics as well as reviews from the board.

PiCkLeS4dAwSoN

Huge ditto to this post! :lol: I usually just wait and get the DVDs I want, or think I want, but it usually takes me forever to actually get around to watching a lot of them (partly because I just re-watch the stuff I know I love over and over), and once I finally do, I find sometimes....what a waste and I feel so guilty, lol.

goodnightboy

I do most of my home entertainment by renting movies or waiting until it comes out on HBO/Star Movies/Cinemax. :lol: I'm deathly afraid that I won't like something, and that has happened before (eg Swimming Pool - or at least I think that's it's title - and The Secret Life of Gustav Klopp). If I really like something though then I'll buy it. That's what happened for The History Boys (which was the first DVD I bought! Yes, I got into the DVD buying habit only recently), and if other movies that I like are cheap then I'll buy it, which is why I have things like Lost in Translation and Match Point as well. So yeah, usually rent, but if I like it then I'll buy it. I don't buy movies I haven't seen.

buttuglycow

I try to eat before I go to the theater but if I haven't, I usually get the kids' meal and have it finished before the movie starts. I guess I usually eat or drink something when I'm home, but that's just because I'm always eating. :lol:

IluvChad18

that same thing happened to me when I went to see Stay Alive

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information