Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Which 2 martial arts are best to learn, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Judo, or Muay Thai?

Please tell me which one is best and which is second best.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Neither, tire iron from Sears works real well.

mac/mma/bjj=ftw
    muay thai bjj

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Focus on one art first, then once you think you have got it, you can start another while continuing the previous. Now for art, their is no BEST, one person may be good for BJJ, but another person may be better for Judo. For grappling, I personally love BJJ(expect a lot of rugburns and cuts if you are new to grappling). If you look into the history, you will learn it is basically an improved version of Jujutsu.

However, so is Judo. Judo focuses more on throws and has some grappling as well, but not nearly as much as BJJ. I have also heard it is harder to adapt into no- gi fighting. For striking, muay thai is good, but so is boxing, kickboxing, and even Karate. I say "even" because even though it is more traditional, many people use karate as a base in their striking.

Personally though, I like the BJJ, Muay Thai combo. Its the one I use. However, I have also taken a little Judo, kickboxing, boxing, and TKD as well. I use my combo for MMA.

Mikey Triangles
    Depends on what you're looking for. If you don't mind getting hit and like to keep it standing, do Muay Thai and judo. this will give you excelent striking, good takedowns, and the ability to throw people on their head hard after you get tired of kneeing them in the clinch.

Muay Thai and BJJ is the best for well-rounded skills both standing and on the ground, with both striking and grappling. This is probably the most popular and successful combination of martial arts in MMA today.

Judo and BJJ is great if you don't like getting hit. Ultimate in throws and takedowns and ultimate on the ground. Your striking will suck, but if you get good enough at these 2 arts you don't need much striking.

Personally I do all 3 plus others.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Focus on one art first, then once you think you have got it, you can start another while continuing the previous. Now for art, their is no BEST, one person may be good for BJJ, but another person may be better for Judo. For grappling, I personally love BJJ(expect a lot of rugburns and cuts if you are new to grappling). If you look into the history, you will learn it is basically an improved version of Jujutsu.

However, so is Judo. Judo focuses more on throws and has some grappling as well, but not nearly as much as BJJ. I have also heard it is harder to adapt into no- gi fighting. For striking, muay thai is good, but so is boxing, kickboxing, and even Karate. I say "even" because even though it is more traditional, many people use karate as a base in their striking.

Personally though, I like the BJJ, Muay Thai combo. Its the one I use. However, I have also taken a little Judo, kickboxing, boxing, and TKD as well. I use my combo for MMA.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer Muay Thai, I think striking is more interesting. Second choice is Brazillian Jiu Jitsu, as it has a bit more variety than the 'meat and potatoes' of judo (both are all about throws and hold I think though).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information