Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ******* Edit

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

******* Edit

i downloaded some videos, and it was cp. you need to moniter what goes on here. if i get caught with this **** i will name names. i will sue for damages. you ***** need to learn that these people put these files on this **** with different names. if i do get questioned, you will hear from my attorney. and i will win. heed my words, because they will be your last. you cant stop people from uploading? yes you can. charge people. like imesh does. just a word of warning. if i get trouble you get trouble.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

******* Edit

Yes but where does the boundary start? There's lots of super-moderates out there who'd want to eventually filter out all but is suitable for children under 6. My thoughts are compromised, because I believe in the freedom of sharing .... but then where topics of sharing are in the ranges of peda, which doesn't suit my particular etho's & mentality, & doesn't accord with any international law except some odd asian laws of marriage, I'd put my foot into agreement with any riddance of such. But it's out there whether we like it or not. And as Leeware says, they will mask it. Either using known terms or using a false name.

How we deal with the unwanted, whatever it is, is up to us. LW has already offered more than one technique to rid of most types of content. What we allow through in results is up to our filtering skills & search skills. What we download is up to our scrutiny before we decide what is worth downlding. There's already too much said on the forum about how to check such things.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

******* Edit

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the material out there and also people that come here whining about certain topics are actually paid by certain companies to put P2P into a bad light. Just read your newspaper - or better read a good online news source - with respect to changes of laws concerning the internet and connect the dots. I'm sure if I spent enough money for spreading FUD they'll paint the moon pink for our safety.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

******* Edit

By the way, the probability that you download such material from a "paedophile" person is very low compared to the chances that you're downloading it from Interpol, a self-announced paedo-hunter or a moron with a trojanized machine. So, well, if you want to make your lawyer rich, go ahead and sue whoever. If you want to solve the problem - I doubt you actually want to - this is the wrong place to look for solutions. Children are not abused on Gnutella but in your neighbourhood.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

******* Edit

We all feel the same way about CP, but you must learn what P2P is all about, it is not the Gnutella network that is responsible for those files, but the sickos that are out there...
    Always check your files with Bitzi and then you will know what you are downloading....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

******* Edit

What is strange is I have been using P2P networks for a very long time and to my knowledge have never DL a CP video by mistake. But I do use Bitzi and pay attention to what I am DL. Just my 2 cents.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

******* Edit

I've never downloaded one either and I use Bitzi all the time as well, I actually dont come across it in my search results either...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

******* Edit

Also I should mention that you should report these files to the appropriate authorities....

http://www.ic3.gov/

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

******* Edit

hmm..... well, if that's the case, the only thing to do is to take legal action against the people hosting this stuff... which is harder to do.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

******* Edit

I ALREADY HAVE. this is just a warning to these ***** these ***** who run this cockamamie wannabe p2p. if you guys want a p2p who specializes in music, and absolutely no cp, i will tell you. they pay people to check, which is why after two weeks you have to subscribe to it. just pm me and i WILL give you the address. i used to think it wasnt fair how they cut me off, but now after this limewire s hit, uh uh. i gaurantee, if you are willing to pay, i will give you an address to something that does not have this **** on it. no, i dont work for them. i just think that a p2p should check their system. and dont say that they cant, because the one i am on does.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information