Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Would you pay $10 to get your phone from Verizon to Cricket EASY?

Correction you paid for the rights to use the phone in anyway you wish. You did not PAY for the phone like how you think. Technicly you dont have the right to do anything you want to the phones software. You dont own the patents and rights on the phones hardware and software so to speak you dont own the phone.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah I've tried that. I live in Houston and on all the phones I've tried it doesn't send me to Cricket. But if I understand correctly...I have to have Verizon service on a phone then call and activate it with Cricket? There's no way to activate a phone that is currently on no service?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not even sure if this is legal here. If not the moRAB will surely do their thing.

I know of a method for getting Verizon Phones working on Cricket, without all the cables and software and programming know how. The phone will make and receive calls and send and receive text messages but thats it.

I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to pay $10 via Paypal for the trick. I cant guarantee it 100% but pretty close. Only phone I havent been able to do yet is an Audiovox PPC-6600 Windows Mobile PDA phone. Everything else has worked using this method.

PM me if your interested.

My apologies to those who think I am wrong to do this.

oh and i guess that means no it will not work with sprint phones unless you can change the msl on them... and you'll need cables to do that (i think).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The phone has to be either unlocked or locked to Cricket. If it's locked to any other provider (like Sprint or Virgin Mobile or metroPCS) then you can't program it via OTASP, that's the whole purpose of locking. If the hanRABet is locked and the carrier you're trying to activate it on doesn't know the unlock code the hanRABet won't allow itself to be re-programmed. Again, that's the whole purpose for locking it in the first place. Otherwise there'd be no reason to lock it.

In fact if the hanRABet is locked you can't program it via PST and data cable either. The whole deal with locking is that you just can't program the mobile unless you know the SPC/MSL. Think about it, it's like locking a door, only people with the right key can open it. Those without key are prevented from entering.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hey here in albuquerque nm the code is *22804 i just tried it on my aunts blackberry

VZW phones with a current PRL are typically hard to OTASP to Cricket due to the way the PRL is coded.

More specifically, a VZW phone with an AC II PRL will not allow you to connect to Cricket via OTASP codes - even for activation - due to the "Preferred Systems Only" flag being set in the PRL. This is somewhat firmware (and therefore model) specific, but definitely true for Kyoceras. They will not activate on a system if the PRL specifically prohibits it.

Whether the phone currently has active VZW service or not is immaterial. It's the firmware and the PRL that determine the ability to OTASP.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well I appreciate the help, but I already said I don't know what any of those abreviations mean. I'm just assuming to place a call to activate a phone the phone should be able to make calls. It doesn't make sense otherwise. My girlfriend has a Cricket account here in Houston, and I'm just looking for simple, descriptive instructions on how to activate a Verizon phone (no specific one) on her account. I don't even mind difficult instructions (because I know that's what is necessary sometimes) as long as someone could tell me what PRL, OTASP, QPST, etc. mean or stand for.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

SounRAB fishy to me! Good Luck

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Correction...Effective Dec 1 2006

The U.S. Copyright Office recommended that mobile-phone subscribers beginning Dec. 1 can keep their hanRABets to use on other wireless networks when they change cellular operators, a minimum three-year ruling with huge implications for carriers and vendors.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information