Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Just about to buy T3..

I have done the research and pretty much made up my mind, in fact I may have already purchased the T3 before I check the updates for this post.

But for last calls, is there anything else I should know about the T3? I have heard of multiple crash problems(mostly involved with the use of a keyboard), extremely slow hot sync transfers, and complaints about battery life(understandable), is there anything else that I should know or be forewarned before pulling out the cash?

Finally, are there any "must have's" as far as software and hardware goes?

thanks in advance

you guys are awesome.

Just about to buy T3..

BUY IT SOON BEFORE THEY"RE ALL GONE!!!

The T3 is now in EOL mode, which means new units will start costing more, as the cheaper sites run out of stock, and finally disapear.

I just got mine from Amazon.com, good price with free shipping.

If you're also going to buy a keyboard, then I suggest you avoid the NEW Universal Wireless Keyboard (SKU No: 3169WW). There appears to be a nasty driver issue, that MIGHT KILL Tungsten T3 PDA (requires disassembly to fix). See thread

The T3 is a nice machine. No real complants, just minor annoyances:
    • The slider is a blessing and a curse. It's nice & compact for pocket/purse, but it'll sometimes slide when you don't want it to.
    • You already know about battery life. Buy extra sync/charge cable for work, and/or external battery pack for airplane/hiking.
    • The voice memo button on the side is annoying, sometimes hit at the most inopportune times.
    • The screen is slightly washed out in sunlight, but not as bad as my T610 phone - which I cannot see at all outside (unless it's at night ).

Just about to buy T3..

I'm in a bit of a panic myself . . . want another one at the cheapest I can get it . . . but these things tend to "disappear" just as you've hit "rock bottom" on the price.

I should probably stop "waiting and watching," and just GRAB one unless I want to be in "new T3 hell" in terms of finding one.

Good call, Big G.

Just about to buy T3..

Wow, I am impressed by the loyal customers to this product!! Buying two in a row? This must be some good stuff. Anyways, I went to two Staples' stores today, and both of 'em sold out!!! They called 3 other ones in the area, one had one left, but it was a returned damaged one, and another one had one left that is still boxed, so I guess I'm in luck.

I ended up not getting one yet though, tommorow I should be getting one. However, I must say, I thought it was like a sign that I should wait when I went to one store after the other, only to be told that there are none left other than the display models(they were in bad shape), but heck, for $299.99, thats not bad at all! The T3 has only been out for 1 year?? and they are already putting it on clearance??

Just about to buy T3..

Checked today, no longer a good price at Amazon (now $350, was $300 last month).

If P1 still has some, they give you free stuff (at $350), with free shipping!!!!

Just about to buy T3..

In a few hours, I'm going to go pick up the T3 perse. I keep on having second thoughts. For $265, I can get a Dell Axim 30, loaded with BT and WiFi, along with very similar specs to the T3 (64 mb ram), microphone, etc. It is even thinner and lighter than the T3, but I think the T3 has a bigger screen. Other than the OS, I'm starting to see that it may not be the best choice for $300. I need a device for heavy organizing/schedule planning, ebooks, file carriage, mp3, and maybe some games to pass the time for those waits.

Just about to buy T3..

I'll sell mine for 355$, free shipping

Ok ok I'll shut up

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just about to buy T3..

I bought it... I've had it for 7 hours now, and I still haven't opened it from the box yet. Its breaking me a part, haha. I've dreamed of this day for a week, and now that I have it, I have so many insecurities/second thoughts(hence didn't open it yet). $300 is a lot of money for me, I'll admit. So I want to know that I'm not making a mistake(best product for the money), so I keep having second thoughts.

If I want to use the internet and web browse as well as a phone/alarm/decent calendar, then a side kick II will take that place(for free with rebates, but 300 upfront), with awesome battery life too.
    If I want to listen to mp3's, play games, carry documents, watch movie clips, and even full movies, then I can go with a Sony PSP, again with great battery life for an expected price of $180.

Now if I want all of the above, I can spend $300 on a Dell Axim, well equipted, decent battery life, full featured with wifi. As for the T3, which I just purchased, it does all of the above to some extent, with the sacrifice of WiFi and subpar battery life.

I ponder.

Just about to buy T3..

Thank you for the replies. It has been very informing. I really like the T3, I really do, but I have decided to send it back. After sleeping on it, it came down to one question, how long will it last me with an irreplaceable battery?

I am reminded of the time when my father purchased a cordless drill sometime in the early 80's(maybe it was even the very late 70's). He purchased a top of the line cordless drill with an irreplaceable niCad battery, he loved that thing(it was quite expensive back then). Anyways, two years of strenuous use killed the battery life, and it became useless. Again, when the battery is gone, the machine is gone.

Then somewhere in the latter 80's, he purchased a 9.6V makita cordless drill that used replaceable batteries, still to this very day, he has it, and it still gets the job done. In fact, they still make replacement batteries for it.

The battery cycle is a crucial feature for me to consider, if I am going to spend $300+(which I already did) I want it to be a prospective device, not a temporary disposable one. I couldn't see how it would become truly obsolete either, an organizer can still serve as an organizer tommorow or for 3-4 years from now. (For a PC I would argue different) Just the battery may not last that long. ... So I will reluctantly(hate to see such a cool gadget go back) return my T3(unopened from its box).

thanks again, ps don't take any offense to what I said about the T3, its a great machine, its just not what I'm looking for.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information