Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I buy my textbooks in June or wait till August?

I already have my Fall semester planned out the way that I want it and am not going to change anytime between now and August. To save the hassle of buying expensive textbooks in August, I was thinking of buying my textbooks in June for a cheaper price. Do you think this is a good idea or should I wait till late July/early August? I'm asking this b/c I want a few opinions.
    The college already has the list of Fall 2011 Textbooks out already for all classes.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Buy the books now but save the receipts in case you need to return it. Don't take any shrink wrap off the books until you know for sure you need that book. If you are fine with keeping that book then it doesn't matter.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would buy them now as prices increase when there is more demand.

Use websites like www.usedtextbookprices.com that will search over 30 online bookstores for you for free and list the cheapest prices for you. It will look for new, used, international editions, digital textbooks and rental textbooks.

I don't think prices will swing too bad but on a few textbooks, prices will rise a lot.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I were in your position, I'd probably start buying them now, largely because I'd be curious. And I'd definitely finish buying them at least a month before the start of school if I could afford it, before the cheapest used copies were sold. I know other people who like to wait until the last minute in the hope of finding something they don't "really" need to purchase, though, so I'm sure you'll get other opinions.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information