Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Prissysissy

Help! My son forgot a banana in his backpack for a week and it got all over his books!?

It's everywhere. He's freaking out. How on earth do I/we clean this up?

Gemma B
    well there are a lot of ways to do it but i suggest you ask the school to maybe give him some new ones and if that dosent work then if you have the money buy new ones or you could wipe the bananna off his books and good as new

beth J
    oh you should get the worst off with DRY kitchen roll if you have it of loo roll because the wet will just rub the banana around or make the books stained more than they would be. Get the bits off that can not be removed with a damp cloth and then cover them in that clear stuff called sticky back plastic. you can get them in most places like tesco or whsmith or any where else that sells school stuff it really protects books!

Connie
    Oh my this does occur time to time. Just try wipe them off with dry paper towel, then us a damp sponge ( only damp ) and wipe them lightly. Spray them with fabreeze and let them sit in the sun in a widow or in a warm place.
    The odds are really not good sorry to say.
    ( Connie Mom of 4 and 5th. Grade Teacher )

Valentine's Day Lover
    ok take out all his things out of his backpack and put them on the table. Put the backpack in the laudry. try to scarp off all the banna off the books. then write a note to the teacher explaing the situation. if the banna got on library book write a note to the librayr too.

WWEbabe
    Don't worry! Last year I got yogurt on my books at the same time a 2 week old sandwich was there. Gross! Try to wash out the backpack, put hand sanitizer onthe books and gently clean it out with a baby wipe when it's dry.

♥Christina♥
    maybe with a damp cloth wet it wip3 the book till bananas off

~ Mystic Dreams ~
    You'll just have to do your best with a wet sponge. In the meantime, you can get this clear, shiny, sticky stuff that you can put on your books and it'll protect them from that sort of thing.

Hayley500
    Yuck, I did that once ^.^ Either chuck the books out and explain to the teacher (like I did) or try to wipe them down with a damp washcloth and some nice-smelling soap.

It's gross, yep. Wash the bag if neccessary... ``/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information