I'm a newbie to the guitar, and I don't know much about the guitar in general. I need to get this guitar tuned, and I've had help to tune it some hours ago.

I need it for class, and I know that even though this doesn't look like a good guitar or quality made guitar, I gotta have one for class for the time. I might consider getting a new one, but for now, I'll just use this one.

I can always ask the teacher to help me tune it, but I'm afraid of the clicking and popping noises that come out when I tune my guitar. I don't know how long it's been since I've used this guitar, but I remember when it was tuning before, it wasn't this bad. I could somewhat tell that it isn't exactly in the right tune because when I try to play a little part of a certain song (just like three notes), it sounds nothing like it. Is there a problem with it? Will it break or anything like that?

I do not know how to tune a guitar by ear... When I try it, it goes way off sometimes, so I don't want to mess around with it... Any ideas?