Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Subs or Dubs?!?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Subs or Dubs?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_JPuwizKcY

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Subs or Dubs?!?

Honestly, I'm almost split on this decision, but dubs overall and I have my reasons. I can understand things at a deeper level and I can get a deeper understanding of the morals and underlying messages better if I can hear it in my own language. Like I tried to listen to Gundam Wing in subs, I hated it...But I love the dub. But I love the sub for the Hellsing ova, dub obviously isn't out yet, but just an example of what a good sub is. Basically it comes down to whether you care about how "pretty" the voices are or whether you care about understanding it at a deep level and not having to read across the screen. The argument about voices in English being bad because characters are Japanese isn't even valid in a lot of cases. Because in many anime series, there are tons of characters who don't look anything like Japanese...
    Some of my favorite dubs are Macross Plus, Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig, and Naruto (the edits are bad, not the voices, get it right).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Subs or Dubs?!?

Wheres Xamster when you need him?

righttttt, people who watch dubs should go get a life? I'm not even gonna comment on this, just re-read your post and figure out how stupid and arrogant you sound.

I like watching my animes dubbed, why? Its simple. Because I prefer to undersatnd what the characters are saying, rather than reading what they are saying. Notice I used the word prefer, for all of you who can't tell opinion from fact.

As for the 'underacting' problems of dubs that many of you have brought up, I believe that the japanese voice actors tend to overact, alot. And for the record, I think the english actors are usually more realistic.

As for people who are *****ing about how dub always traslate things differently or changes lines etc - if you can speak japanese, I will respect your opinion, but if you are taking the traslations from the fansubs that you watch (which i know most of you do) then you are just stupid for trusting fansubs over official dubs. Sure there are some lines that change in the dub, but its not as if they are changing the entire storyline, and I'm sure the lines in fansubs aren't 100% accurate either, so if your gonna ***** about translation, learn japanese then you can ***** about it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Subs or Dubs?!?

8O where is Xamster...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Subs or Dubs?!?

WHAT?! NINE THOUSAND!?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in