Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

Ok, no matter how true his words and intentions were, I was a bit flabbergasted by the way he put it. I won't repeat Brit's words, just read them again.

I'm sure you understand that this is not about kissing anyone's ass, I simply agreed with 7, because of the OP's way of writing.

If the OP actually wanted to make a statement, he would've written a different post, and I would've considered giving any comment on that. So, OP, how about you rewrite your post, so we can have a slightly more intelligent conversation about it.

Please don't kick me in the balls, I might need them...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

That's so gay.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

At my high school, the gay and lesbian people put tape electrical tape over their mouths in Xs. It wasn't very good, because it was a very conservative place and it just made people mad.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

For a lot of people high school is when they find out who they are, and possibly gay. Not everyone will be prejudice, but someone might be, and sometimes that's all it takes to make someone's life complete hell.

Those kids are just doing it to be cool/get out of participating I bet, whatever. As for the idea, it might not be loud, but trust me, people notice when half the school stops talking. Communication is still necessary, it's not a hardcore protest, the real point is raising awareness, not making some kind of large disruptive gesture.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

This coming from the chick that wants a tit job.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

So 911 victims get a moment of silence, but gay people get an entire day? Interesting.

Yeah, gay people are oppressed. But come on, it's not like they're sending them to death camps or not allowing them to vote. It seems a bit extreme to have a day of silence to show how gays are silent about their homosexuality. Isn't that also contradictory? "I'm gay and I shut up about my sexuality, so I'm going to have a day of silence to show how I'm oppressed because I'm gay (even though nobody knows it, because I'm being silent about it." It doesn't make much sense to me.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

I went ahead & did this from first light in the morning until 2:21 in the afternoon (fencing without communication struck me as moderately dangerous)...Ironically, only myself (born male) and my girlfriend (born female) participated in this. There were three others; one caved during 3rd period and two others took the piece of paper off, then felt they were allowed to talk with that. I received 3 dead-arms in an effort to hear a sound from my throat, along with 4 others begging me to talk. I don't feel it got much done, what with two people (albeit two loud people) not talking for one day in a school of 1,100, but I did make a crapload of homophobic enemies!

Good day, good day.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

Actually, the Nazis weren't just sending jews to death camps if you get my drift. Homosexuals have been physically and emotionally harassed and/or killed for their orientation for a very, very long time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violenc...st_homosexuals

It's symbolic, it's saying, we're equal. More importantly, it raises awareness and promotes tolerance. The day isn't organized by gays who are afraid to come out. It's organized by people of all orientations, who see this as a problem and want to raise awareness/tolerance.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

And the pink stars at Auschwitz were for what, breast cancer awareness?

Do your homework.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Day of Silence"

The point of the complete silence is symbolic to the situation or the silence which homosexuals endure.

Sorry to ask you to think a little.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information