Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    lttlbuckeye

HELP! My USB flash drive will not work!?

Ok, so when I plug my flash drive into the computer a little bubble pops up and tells me that the flash drive is not recognized When I click to troubleshoot, the dDialoguebox tells me that the flash drive is trying to be safely removed, and I need to unplug it and then plug it back in and then (Code 47). THis has been going on for a few days now, and I can't open my flash drive on any computer that I try it on.

Please help, I have a project on there that I have been working on for weeks, and I need it!!

Thanks

darkjim_337
    Oh boy. I am terribly sorry, but it sounds exactly like you may have corrupted the memory. The best solution I have is to reformat it. This will completely remove all the data but it seems it is corrupted and inaccessible anyway. The good news is you will be able to use the flash drive again after reformatting and that there may still be a way to find your data on the computer you worked on.

Check your documents or an area where you would save it by chance/luck. If that is to no avail, go to search (if your working on windows) and type the exact name of the project file(s).

If you are lucky you may be able to find a trace of the file(s) on your system. It may not be the most recent version of the file and may even be a version of what you may have done on it near the start of the project, but hey, its better than starting ENTIRELY over.

Best of luck on your searches

Josh B
    you probably pulled out the flash drive when it was saving and you corrupted the memory. you should have saved your project on your computer as well as your flash drive. if not then your screwed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information