Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

AFL, some big rule reviews, have a say as we discuss some big talkin points...

...heading into GF 2? Hey guys, this is pretty long, so please read all of it and I'm sure you'll understand were I'm coming from

Ok, firstly let's get the monkey Off the back, the grand final replay

I don't see this as a rule but we should discuss it, in my opinion we've cut the game down enough as it is, everyone knew that if there was a draw that we'd replay the grandfinals, so why get all upset when a draw does actually happen? It's a part of footy and we should respect that, yea so the fat slob demetriou makes a bit of money and fans get robbed a little, but in the spirit of Aussie rules don't both teams get a fair shot next week? Dosnt that atmosphere eventually rebuild? Yes it is a hassle, yes it is annoying, but we may not have another draw for 33 years so let's not get carried away with all these rule changes, let's leave the replay as it is, your says?

And the other issue was the interchanges, I'll keep this short, look at what a wonderful finals series we've had, not many injuries, fast moving, good paced and everyone had a blast, capping interchanges won't do much at all, think if we have 3 players and one super sub, and someone gets injured so sub is brought on, well once he gets injure were back to square one, no difference made, same with capping rotations, we cap them and someone still gets injures, what difference, I say rules are changing way to much, let's not get ahead of ourselves, your says?

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every other game of the 176 plus semi-finals we have equal playing time for win/draw/loss results BUT the GF should be in the spirit of the FIRST recorded game - play on 'till there is a winner.
    In tribal terms this is the fight to the death game.

To do it fairly. 5 minute break then 10 minutes each way without a break... then repeat & repeat.
    Equal advantage / disadvantage of playing in each direction, and only call it a draw if only the 2 coaches are left & scores are level !!

On the second part, I have voiced my opinion during the year but to recap, I am against it because the traditional game was 18 + 2 reserves for 140 odd years - fitness, toughness & endurance were the hallmarks of the code - a modern day version of the Darwinian survival of the fittest.

Now we have 21 and already some want to go for 22 then 23, 24,25 where will it end - a NEW CODE ??? Then the disenchanted will split away back to the old code and where will our great game be then ?

From what I saw today, no interchange and we would have had a result.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information