Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

"Lappy" Appendectomy

I am 52 yrs. old - went to the hospita on 7/17/09 - they did surgery that day for appendicitis - I came home on Sunday. They did the "Lappy" appendectomy while I have the 3 holes. I'm just wondering - I came back to work full time this week - doing pretty good - stilll some soreness - mainly around my belly button area - stomach hurts too - I also have IBS. I just wonder if it's going to take me a while to feel better than this?

Callum J

"Lappy" Appendectomy

You just came home from the hospital this last Sunday? I would think you would be feeling the effects of surgery and being in the hospital. It is exhausting being there. You had a surgery. It takes time.
    I do have a question though. How did they know it was your appendix? Did your white blood count go up? Show up on scan?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Lappy" Appendectomy

yes when I got to the ER - they started doing tests - blood work, CT scan, etc. About 11:00 AM the doctor came in and said I had appendicitis - from there they called in the surgeon and my surgery was at 1:00 - this Friday will be 3 weeks since I had the surgery - I came home on 7/19/09.

"Lappy" Appendectomy

You are bruised internally from the lap procedure. I had my gallbladder out this way. Very similar procedures as the largest incision is at the belly button. I was back at work after 3 days and jogged a week after. But I was sore for a good month. Not bad sore but just aware of it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Lappy" Appendectomy

The length of the hospital stay does not surprise me. But, as others have had, you had surgery. Yes, lappy is easier, but there are still lingering effects and it takes time to heal. Recovery is individual, but I would guess it will take a couple of weeks before your energy starts coming back (you still have it . . . it is just that your body needs it to help heal). Taking it easy; not straining will help speed recovery.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information