Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"weird head," not quite a headache but ...

I am hoping someone else might experience something similar to this and can shed some light on what might be causing it/how to prevent it, etc.

I've been suffering from something I refer to as "weird head" for the last several years, off and on. It seems to happen more when I'm working in an office setting, but is not restricted to just that. It might be related to stress/anxiety, blood pressure, blood sugar, or something else entirely! I thought it might be something like a migraine, but I don't have a lot of actual head pain, so that doesn't seem quite right.

I usually get a slight headache, but very vague, and it's not really painful like a headache. Instead I feel a strangeness all over my head and especially in my eyes that is hard to really describe. My head will just feel very cloudy and foggy, very unfocused, especially my eyes don't seem to want to focus. My pupils also seem to get very constricted. It is almost like being slightly drunk but without the euphoria. Sometimes I am afraid I might pass out because it is so hard just to focus my eyes on things, but I never really feel like I'm actually going to pass out. If that makes any sense.

Seems to happen a lot in the afternoons, but not always. I said it seems to happen more when I'm working in an office setting, but I worked for four years in a club and felt it only occasionally, at night. Working in an office again now and starting to feel it more often. I had today off and spent the afternoon at my in-laws and it came on there too, so my idea that it had something to do with office lighting doesn't seem right.

I can still work when this happens, I just it very difficult and uncomfortable, and also especially hard to talk to other people since I find it hard to focus my eyes on theirs, and feel like I must look really strange when I am feeling so strange. My husband once told me that my eyes looked strange when I was having this feeling, but other than that, no real outward symptoms. Any ideas?

An unrelated problem I have only very intermittently is an extremely sharp pain in my right side sometimes when I urinate. It has only happened about 6 times in the past 2 years or so, a couple of times it happened twice about a week apart, but generally it doesn't happen very often. It always comes on right as I begin to urinate, and it is such an extreme pain that I am doubled over and want to just crumble up onto the floor. The extreme pain only ever lasts a few seconds at most, and then fades away over the course of several minutes. My mom suggested maybe gallbladder, but I don't have a regular doctor at the moment and it happens so infrequently anyway, that I haven't ever asked anyone.

If anyone has felt anything similar to these problems or has any ideas about them, I would really appreciate your thoughts! Thank you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

it sounds like it's time for you to get a regular doctor and get a workup. Not sure what it could be. I sometimes get like that when my blood pressure drops but that doesn't mean that's what happens to you.
    As for the pain when urinating, it's possible you have kidney stones. They can come and go. I think the doctors can give you something to help break them up.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not sure what kind of herbs my doctor gives me. I don't think they normally tell their patients about the ingredients. All I know is that they come in powder form and tastes really bitter. About the the cost, I use to go weekly for a little over 1 month, and the cost of one week's supply of medicine was $59. At first I didn't really believe in Chinese herbal medicine, but ever since my friend introduced me, I've been feeling so much better. My health is pretty much back to normal now. However, I still need to maintain a good sleeping habit/schedule, otherwise my head would start feeling a little weird a again. If you want the address or phone number to the doctor, let me know. Good luck and hope you feel better soon! =)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have a doctor or insurance right now, just started a new job after being unemployed for a bit, but with no benefits. I didn't feel this way very often at my old job, but feel it pretty often since starting this new one. I have felt it pretty often off and on in the past as well. The symptoms just seem so vague I'm afraid if I try to explain them to a doctor they'll just tell me it's just stress or something. Which it may be, but I can't afford to go to a doctor just to have them tell me to relax. If it might be something serious I guess I would have to go at some point.

Kidney stones sounds possible. I know that my sister has had some kind of stone, possibly kidney. I tend to drink a lot of water though, most days. The pain always goes away so fast and then doesn't usually recur for so long that I usually forget about it until the next time it happens ...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

BMG..... How are you doing... I have all the same symptoms... Did you get any better?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you stay up late often or lack sleep? I used to have the exact same symptoms for a little over a year. It started happening after my junior year in college because I used to pull all nighters all the time. Basically my sleep habits were really bad! I started going to Chinese herbal doctor in November 2009,some where near East Brunswick,NJ, and ever since my head has gotten a lot better! I no longer have that cloudy/foggy feeling anymore. Back then it used to be so bad that I had trouble focusing on even just watching a movie or listening to music. I just always felt like resting with my eyes closed, but I wasn't sleepy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I sleep but I've been thinking about that lately because I don't think I sleep very well. I usually fall asleep fairly easily but don't stay asleep. I'll wake up usually several hours after falling asleep, and then in the mornings several hours before my alarm goes off, and sleep off and on (during which I dream very vivid, intense, sometimes disturbing dreams) if I sleep at all.

My husband usually works late so I'll wake up when he comes home, and he snores so I often wake up early mornings to that. Plus we live in an apartment building with very thin walls and loud neighbors on all sides ... So I don't think I've had a very restful, full 8 hours night's sleep in some time. Even if I take a sleeping pill, which I do occasionally if something big the next day is keeping me from falling asleep, I still usually wake up after several hours, even with sedation!

What kind of herbs are you taking that are helping? I'm willing to try anything ... especially if I can do it myself without having to go to a doctor and spend money. thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information