Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emule

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emule

I just looked at your plan. That sucks big!@! I was considering a change but not anymore.
    That $44.95 for three months is only $25 a month for 6 months through the "buy a modem" plan at futureshop. The terms of service still suck too much though.

Three email accounts? I get 7 plus 70mb webspace, 6 gig down, 2 up per month, loosely monitored. Oh and up to 4mb total bandwidth.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emule

then why are you asking for cheats?

if you have the credits just use it to download

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emule

Never say no to an added advantage.SO i suppose u dont even use the PL cheat in k-lite.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emule

maybe you could enlighten me with shaw's packages

i got a phone call from a telemarketer telling me to switch to shaw.

shaw's got the screwy "light" plan, i dunno what the hell that was

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emule

it's intergrated into the program and on by default. so are you calling everybody a liar and cheater?

I use emule too and I upload the same amount as I download. leechers can use the cheat to download freely off of others. that's not fair to the rest who contribute to the community.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emule

I think it's equivalent to adsl. About 512k instead of the advertised 2mb line on regular broadband. $20 - $25 a month for lightspeed. You should be able to get 6 months at about $25 with high speed. No need to buy the modem.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emule

The emule credit system doesn't work. If you're on a monthly cap, you can't afford to have constant uploads and no downloads.
    Use NetLimiter to balance that.
    Set emule to unlimited downloads and 80% uploads. Then set netlimiter to your 1/3 ratio or is it 1/4 ?? About 5k to start.
    Whatever, if you start getting downloads, then you can increase your upload bandwidth accordingly.
    The Emule program won't know the difference. You can tweak the connection type in emule to get better results too.
    If you're using XP with the built in firewall, get a different firewall to get yourself a high ID. Don't turn it off, emule is filthy with hacks. Sygate works well with emule. Just sit back and watch all the blocked connection attempts to system services coming from emule traffic.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emule

Well that $39.95 turns into $49.95 pretty quick, then add utilities tax, GST, PST, Transit, blah blah blah and it's up around $65 a month. Maybe a bit more.

The 4mb would be rare, if you had 10 occurances of directx downloading at full speed you might see 2mb. No servers can give that kinda speed generally. Not basic file or website servers anyway.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emule

High-Speed Internet - $37.95**

At last, the Internet becomes your faithful servant, delivering vibrant multimedia and rich interactivity to your desktop. Shaw High-Speed is the ultimate Internet connection and includes everything you need to enjoy the World Wide Web for one low monthly price.

70 MB of personal webspace (10 MB per email address)
    Download speeds of up to 100 times faster than dial-up
    Multiple internet connections - first 2 IP addresses free
    Webmail - Global access to email
    7 personal email addresses
    Always on connection
    No time limits
    24/7 customer service
    Secure and reliable access
    Access to Shaw's Customizable home page
    Modem rental option also available
    Constant network performance monitoring

*Must subscribe to Shaw Basic Cable, otherwise $29.95/mth. Introductory offer. One time only. Only available in Shaw Digital and Shaw High-Speed Internet areas.
    **Requires the purchase of a Shaw Cable Modem. Monthly rental option also available. Minimum system requirements for Shaw High-Speed Internet: For Windows 98 or NT - Pentium or greater, 32 MB of ram. For Macintosh - Power PC 601 or greater, System 7.6.1 or higher, 32MB of ram - 24MB minimum. Networking not included. Extra charges may apply for specialty Ethernet cards.

I'd say it's the same, yeah. I am paying something like 43 dollars a month including tax. I dont really care about the personal webspace or the emails, cuz i dont use them. shaw is a little better att he download speed...4 Mb. other than that i'd say it's the same with my telus adsl.

I never download above the 1Mb speed. not sure why but just rarely download at that speed.

so i am ok with it. if I switch now i'd have to buy the cable modem again. it's another investment

I think you have to buy the modem or you have to pay a monthly fee to rent the modem.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emule

why are you considering a change? no enough upload bandwidth?

edit: hey balamm does that trick of yours work on shareaza? I am limiting my upload at 5k but I dont see my download increasing, it's locked at 5k as well....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information