Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet Rpc Error

As I've mentioned before, I got only 3 downloads going and are averaging about 20-25k download speeds for all three.

I've got 512k/128k DSL.

And again, I don't have a problem with CleanKMD, BT or Shareaza where I've reached consistant download speeds of 50k over days. I average about 2GB of data a day with BT and KLite.

I'm not assuming anything, I'm asking for advice from other users.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet Rpc Error

I keep getting an error message when ever Overnet is running.

After about 45mins-1hour WinXP error "Unexpected RPC ended suddenly, please save all files as system will shutdown in 1 minute."

I have the newest virus scan and only have 59 connections on Overnet ver.52. :frusty:

Does anyone else have this problem and more importantly, does anyone know how to fix this problem? :helpsmile:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet Rpc Error

Check memory usage while Overnet is running, on my sys it would consume ALL available sys memory, thats why I deleted it from my 'puter

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet Rpc Error

ok boss this is getting old, first of all if you take the time to read my post you will see i was asking for upload info.

second you tell me you don't think there is any conflict when you don't even know what could cause a conflick (assumption #1)

third this is overnet and has noting to do with anyother p2p just because one is ok on your pc does not mean the rest will, so just because klite is ok on your pc it does not mean overnet is going to be also (assumption #2)

you are asking for advice but what ever advice we give you, you quickly say you don't think its this and you don't think its that.

stop trying to make sense out of it boss, if it made sinse to you, you would know the answer already, just be patient and follow along and at some point you will run in to what is causing the problem, but again you need to be patient and don't dismiss anything you never know, its always the small things that we miss.

and last for get about any other p2p when you are trouble shooting one, they are different and the rules that apply to one won't apply to the other.

visit the overnet forum link i have provided and just search for your problem.

there you will find a list of software that is not compatible and other possiblities and solutions boss.

good luck
    :lol:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet Rpc Error

you could try getting it here.

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php...pic=91053&st=0
    [quote][b]
    I've mentioned in earlier posts that I were going to create my own installer for Overnet. And so it is, there are NO adware/spyware applications included.

Yes, its done. I hope you'll like it!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet Rpc Error

Well, there must be a way to fix this problem. Especially since, Overnet works so well for other people.

What OS are you using by the way?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet Rpc Error

Ariel,

I think you are right. After troubleshooting this problem it's starting to seem more and more like a strand of the w32 worm virus.

The only problem is that both Trend and Mcafee aren't able to pick up anything. That and the fact that as long as I don't run Overnet the system seems to be fine.

My best guess at this point is that when Overnet is open, it must open a port which allows for some sort of IRC bot to kill my RPC.

I'm going to try to setup a test by blocking heavy with my firewall. but before I do I was wondering which TCP / UDP ports works best for Overnet?

I was going to use TCP = 4665 and UDP = 4669.

Overnet Rpc Error

lol overnet does not use no more 5 to 10% at the most.

if you have a high cpu usage problem it could be files hashing, corrupt files, sofware compatibility issue, memory leak, too many downlaod/uploads and etc.

you can adjust the pirority in task manager for overnet.exe or use the command line client, its suppose to have less cpu usage

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet Rpc Error

:frusty: :frusty:

its not a worm boss

tcp=4662 udp=6440

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet Rpc Error

No, we were both wrong. Ariel was right with the call. I just didn't think it was a virus since, Mcafee + Trend failed to detect it.

Yes, I definately may still have some spyware on me. Which is why I'm firewalling myself like a madman.

I've forward the 2 ports you mentioned and yes, Overnet does read "Open" at the bottem left, next to "Connected".

It's sad 'cause, were I used to get something like 30k downloads, now I'm getting like 5-9k.

I think these attacks are specifically aimed at Overnet users.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information