Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet 0.53 Released

[i]Originally posted by supernico+16 April 2004 - 15:08-->QUOTE (supernico @ 16 April 2004 - 15:08)
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@16 April 2004 - 10:49

No I won't !! :angry: I'm happy the way my speed is.
    Why should I pay so that people like you can have fast downloads.

It is very greedy to expect people to upload at 20KB/s
    I'll find a way around it I'm sure !!
    Like lite said Netlimiter

B) [/b]
    Yes I probably will end up getting Netlimiter, or just stick with the old version.
    It's just that I hate the way people like supernico talk as if i am a leech, when I do share what my connection allows me to. [/b][/quote]
    men, it is only fair that people who upload faster and thus upload more, get faster downloads in return! ia leech for me is also someone that takes more then he gives....and somebody tha tdoesn't give at all and only takes is an asshole [/b][/quote]
    OK then I look forward to receiving my cheque in the post from you for the

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet 0.53 Released

Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@16 April 2004 - 19:55
    well if you used a fair emule client, and downloaded a lot you would notice these clients really fuck with the network....as soon as you connect to them they maybe give you a bit of their bandwidth (0.000000000001kbs) for a second. There are a few exceptions who upload a lot, but generally they aren't good uploaders...
    So many mods ban them (they can't upload off us, but we can off them) for agressive behaviour....Note not all....

Just use Netlimiter and stop complaining. Its already decided by the metamachine team, and its hardly going to change.
    MorphXT and EastShare use lots of Leecher mod's technology and code:
    for example:
    1] Element mod : Speed UL/DL and qucik connect/leech with Server/Client.
    2] Edevil/Darkmule : credit hack.
    3] Mortimer mod : Community function (Anti/Ban other client and leech them, decrease other mod's ratio)
    4] Hardmule : credit ratio system (They rename/little modify it to eastshare ratio)
    5] other's bypass Server check function.
    6] hidden community tag function.

I have all of their src/bin and cross test with Official, Edonkey, Shareaza, ePlus,
    Mldonkey, Echanblard, LSD, Phoenix, sivka, Puna, LionHeart...... and them.

Aren't them leecher mod??
    This is Why many moderators call EastShare, The King of Leecher and the best one.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet 0.53 Released

These are most likely leecher mods.

Official, Edonkey, Shareaza, ePlus,
    Mldonkey, Echanblard, LSD, Phoenix, sivka, Puna
    These however are AFAIK legit and fair clients who will ban as many leech mods as they can. MorphXT may not be a leech mod.

LionHeart......
    however this is also a leech mod too, and have been banned by E+/Emule official and maybe others.

The number of legit/fair clients outnumber leecher mods...in all legit clients, they have a ratio of 1:4 on 10KB upload or more, and 1:3 ratio on anything less IIRC. Which IMO is a fair ratio since most connections are roughly the same ratio.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet 0.53 Released

I certainly don't think this is a fair ratio on the uploads at all. I have pretty fast DSL and technically can handle the 20 KB max but it kills everything else.

I haven't kept track of overnet but with bittorrent I recently downloaded a 600 MB file over 2 days with upload capped at 5 KB and I uploaded over 850 which means that I was continuously uploading.

I keep overnet on all the time and it always uploads at 10 KB/s and I don't download nearly as much. My guess is that I unloaded at least 10 times what I downloaded in the past week. Any way to actually keep track of this?

Now who is that fair. How much am I expected to upload before I can download a file 100 GB per GB 1 TB per GB?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet 0.53 Released

Whats the problem? Seems like you have the ability to cap your upload speeds for certain apps. For someone with a 20KB upload its unfair to cap it at 5KB...but thats my opinion.
    Even if it was a 10KB upload for unlimited download speed, would you still think it was unfair? Would you still even cap your uploads if that was the case?

if your not happy with 0.53 just go back to 52.
    or use emule
    or another p2p
    or use a bandwidth controller

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Overnet 0.53 Released

it really doesnt matter what the netlimiter thinger is set to. Just make sure its 10kbdown minimum since i never actually get any higher becuase of all the net limts on everyoen else lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information