Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    " Alice got to me..."

can't connect to the servers anymore

Hi folks

It started after my computer crashed, but it seems that none of the gnutella clients will connect to the severs anymore.

i tried gnotella, limewire, and bearshare. Do you think it is possible that i may have a problem with one of my files being corrupted? I did reinstall the windows and it still didn't fix the problem.

when the clients start, the connections aren't established. it will display the servers the clients are trying to connect to but they will get dropped. and it will repeat with no avail.

I am running emachine 800 mhz 64 meg of ram with windows ME.

I appreciate any and all comments regarding this dire and urgent issue. (I can't download anything!!!!!)

seymore

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there any way your internet connection was changed in your reinstallation of windows? I had a similar problem recently, I was using a cable modem and suddenly many online applications stopped working. It was actually not my computer, but owned by a friend of mine, however he eventually had to create a version of his own proxy server in order to get around this. I really do not know the cause but do know it is possible to be solved.
    Acn you still connect to thie internet? One thing you can try is going to this site: http://www.multiproxy.org/. To download their product go here: http://download.com/downloads/0-3356727-107-6892536.html?tag=st.dl.3356727.dir.3356727-107-6892536. Try this, set it up. If it is a work, or networked computer I recommend against this, and contact your systems administrator.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

yeah, my computer is networked. Well I'm in University and I'm on their LAN line.

i was thinking for some random reason, maybe something is wrong with winsock?

i have no problem connecting to internet. even my audiogalaxy, imesh, and kazaa applications work without any problems.

I do have a firewall running, but it has never caused any problems before.

This problem began after my computer crashed while i was in yahoo! chat.

I'm still baffled.

thank you guys

baffled and confused.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hey somebody please help! i was downloading songs this morning without a problem and then all of a sudden it went offline and it won't go back on! i tried exiting and restarting my computer and stuff but my limewire still won't connect to the network.

what should i do?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm having the same problem- perhaps our ISPs are filtering gnutella. I'm on the @home network- Rogers in Canada specifically- what ISPs are you guys on?

Nathaniel

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i started having the same problem today i was wondering if it is the hosts. i didn't think it was my machine because nothing has changed.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there!

We have the same problem, too. Since one week, we cannot connect to gnutella anymore.
    Our ISP apparently blocks the gnutella standard port 6346. I tried to use cache hosts with other ports, but couldn't get any connection with limewire. Does anyone have a solution to this?

martin

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is happening all over the place at different ISPs for all clients.... Is this somehow the affect of the code red virus??

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clip2, who supplied the addresses to Gnutella clients so they can connect to the Gnutella "network" is out of business. That is probably the cause of many of the problems listed above. I remember having to manually type in an IP address of a client already connected back in the day - this would be a workaround - but I can't find a list of addresses anywhere. The Hosts/Servers list on GnutellaNews doesn't seem to work either.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I cant get it to work either, but I just installed the client. I am right in assuming that napshare connects itself to a server on startup right?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information