Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

4.5gb Rar And Par Files Downloaded But Not In Folder

OK, I usually use grabit but its been acting up so Ive decided to use alt.binz

It shows that the download folder is....

C:\Program Files\AltBinz\download

when i go to check through my computer everything is there but the download folder is empty.

I know for a fact that I downloaded the files b/c I was keeping an eye on it plus my hard drive before i dl/ed it was at 141GB now its at 136GB

Where have the Rar and Par files gone????

PLEASE ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

Ah the title messed up right when I was about to post

Title should of read

4.5GB RAR AND PAR FILES DOWNLOADED BUT NOT IN FOLDER

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Title fixed.

Not sure where your files are as I've never tried alt.binz. Surely someone will have an answer.

<>

You are sure that it says C:\Program Files\AltBinz\download in the Default Download Folder in setup?

Tried to search for the files? Check the post you took the NZB from and find the file name.

There will be only a small amount of PAR files though as Alt.Binz only downloads the number of PAR files needed to repair the files, the rest is skipped (saves you many GB's in a year).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well in the toolbar on top of the program there is a button "download" with an folder icon. Click on that...your download should be there.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This has happened to me after I got a virus. Unfortunately I lost about 450 gig of data as the only solution in the end was format despite using recovery software still lost a lot. Hopefully this is not your problem. I for sure had lots of other problems. So if you got what I had then you will know about it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can always try to recreate the download or look for information on it. alt.binz usually writes logfiles (where you can see what has been downloaded and when) and saves external nzb files in "C:\Program Files\AltBinz\nzb" so whether the download was done by importing an nzb file or by using the included search engines, you'll find what you are looking for. With this information you can easily do a file search in your explorer.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

100% the files are not there....the nzb folder is empty and the dl folder is emtpy and in the logs folder there is one txt item and all it says nothing about the item i downloaded

I know for a fact it downloaded b/c it i was on the pc the whole time and was keeping n eye on it

this was my first time using alt.binz....i was using grabit for the longest time but recently it would say aritcles not found or would download/disconnect every minute

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's unlikely that three points of evidence would tell you that no, you didn't download anything with alt.binz I'm not trying to shift blame but it is a more logical conclusion that alt.binz wasn't used for that particular download if a) nothing can be found in the log, b) no file is found in the standard (or custom) download folder and c) there's no nzb file either (I just checked, alt.binz creates and saves nzb files even from stuff you add via included search engines).

Did you have luck in searching for the file(s) that have gone missing?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confirming this issue.

I'm guessing this has to do with Vista. Download folders are C:\Program Files\AltBinz\Download and \Temp respectively, which remain empty irrespective of download status.

What is even stranger is that the files can not be found by Windows search or even - get this - when using DOS. They are not hidden, just not there.

The only program that could see the files was Spacemonger. Scanning the drive with it will show them. Clicking to open the location of the files will give an error location not available. Double-clicking a rar file will however open WinRAR and prompt you to extract it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

also confirming ...

shit happens to me all the time ...

using XP and alt.binz and often i would download 4.5gb rars and when completed there are merely 1 or 2 rars in the folder ... check alt.binz and it says it downloaded 100%, expand the folder (by clicking +) and the rest of the files arent there, only the par files ...

i have a 350gb external harddrive that i exclusively use for downloading usenet and bittorent files ... after i download i burn to disc and delete so there are only 2 folders on the drive ("alt.binz downloads" and "bittorent downloads") so there arent many places for them to hide ...

fortunately 80% of the time i can find the nzb on another site and it usually downloads successfully ...

but yeah jus to confirm - i am having this problem too ...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information