Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Are torrent invite communities really trading in disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'm sorry but I fail to see how trading section here shows that FST supports trading.
    I might be mistaken but aren't allowing and supporting two entirely different things.
    Many States allow marriage as young as 16 ( or younger ) but I doubt if you will find many that say they support anyone actually doing it.

TBS and the like may put themselves in a better light than FST by their stance but it the words ring a little hollow .
    Draconian measures may appeal to those lacking in intelligence but as example after example has shown they do very little in solving any problems ,they merely result in driving them underground.
    At least here at FST some people ,agree or disagree with what they do, acknowledge who they are and you then have a choice depending on your sensibilities with whether you wish to associate with them or not.
    allowing trading to go on sends the wrong message. especially to those new to private trackers, who see trading going on and think it's appropriate (meanwhile they may be inadvertently compromising the bit torrent community by allowing the wrong element into trackers).

whether it is technically supporting trading or not is irrelevant, because it has the appearance of support. it is better to avoid impropriety, actual or perceived.

if a forum doesn't support trading, it should ban members for doing it. yes trading will still continue somewhere, somehow, just like all illicit activities, but treating it as an illicit activity will send the correct message, teach the uninformed, and reduce trading overall in the bit torrent community.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for reducing my post to the most radical and basic derivatives.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Slickerey View Post
    I think I know who the guy you're talking about is. Anyways, I'm not going to say his name just so I can protect his identity. Many of the staff members at TorrentInvite.com are NOT a decent bunch because they don't take the time to try and spell correctly or even put a whole sentence together.

As for the trading thing, I think that many of them are. Some people just give out invites to sites that are hard to join only so that they could end up joining the tracker of their dreams. What kind of bull is that? :wacko:
    lol, one of staff members there can barely write proper English. I have to reread his comments three to four times just to understand the gist of it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

friend
    excellent i thing this is one of the best post
    I agree 100% with the original thread
    i read this post today but i was thinking the same thing since long

after all every thing is a trade which involves greed.

all invite sites are soft traders.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt View Post

allowing trading to go on sends the wrong message. especially to those new to private trackers, who see trading going on and think it's appropriate (meanwhile they may be inadvertently compromising the bit torrent community by allowing the wrong element into trackers).

whether it is technically supporting trading or not is irrelevant, because it has the appearance of support. it is better to avoid impropriety, actual or perceived.

if a forum doesn't support trading, it should ban members for doing it. yes trading will still continue somewhere, somehow, just like all illicit activities, but treating it as an illicit activity will send the correct message, teach the uninformed, and reduce trading overall in the bit torrent community.
    I don't disagree but I'm not in a position to effect those changes.Sorry if that sounds like a cop-out but it's the truth .As for any perceived hypocrisy of my continuing participation in a site that de facto supports trading all I can say is that I believe that I attempt to push the site in better direction .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information