Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Client- QeerPeer

I cant see the screen shot also !

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Client- QeerPeer

OK ... Beatle ... running (lmao) queer peer on a win2k server ... a litany of development and network software ... a few beta apps ... etc (standard user stuff) ... pleanty of bandwitdh ... server in DMZ on Router ... no uploads seem to complete ... all say 1% ... go to clear complete and errors the program crashes ... error in Kernel32.dll ... is this an opensource program?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Client- QeerPeer

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Client- QeerPeer

I haven't been able to successfully download anything yet.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Client- QeerPeer

I just personally don't care for a completely "tabbed" application.
    Also, just because it uses the latest XP common controls doesn't mean it is better
    The interface is better than some that I have seen but I have also seen alot that I like more. Shareaza actually allows you to select which type of view to use.

But does it close the tab that shows the results? That is very annoying. IMO cancel search should just stop the search ( stop displaying hits etc ) but leave the tab open. The tab should have a close button/menu option/something.

I don't really see how this can dramatically slow down the searches. You have a sorted list and when you add the new item to the list you have to give it an index anyway. It may slow down the speed at which items are added to the list ( which is what I think you mean ) but a user wouldn't notice anyway because there is no guarantee that N results will be displayed in T time. I agree that an option may be the best idea because I know not everyone sees things as I do.

Agreed, but personally I like to try the (apparent) fastest hosts first and the (apparent) slowest last. Besides, if you already have the information available and it is basic information, why not add it?

Just annoying. Some other clients have the option to do this but it is an OPTION. I leave my computer running full time but I had to restart a few days ago and after logging in QeerPeer started up. I went through all of the options to try to find where this was set and even uninstalled and reinstalled to see if I missed anything. I just dislike programs that assume I would like it to startup when the computer does without asking or at least telling me. ( This includes programs that just add an icon to the system tray ). Anyway just hoping you could add an option to remove/add the "Start on load" feature.

Sure why not... No, I just have fun coding stuff like that for the hell of it, even though it is "reinventing the wheel", so I have a personal dislike for commercial controls.

Personally I think the charts are better than any other client I have tested. It is nice to be able to glance at them every once in a while just to see what is going on rather than having to read through all of the numbers and make a chart in your head ( which is sometimes useful ).

Actually I wan't. I just wanted to know the "official" pronunciation for it.

I wish you much luck with your client. It has potential. I think it is a very good thing for there to be many clients. If there were to be only 1 or 2 clients then they would control how the network was run and that would/could be very bad.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Client- QeerPeer

Looks like SOMEONE has some problems to fix on his client

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Client- QeerPeer

atleast he has a client of his own

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Client- QeerPeer

Well, well. Let's not go so far calling it a "junk client" because you haven't seen it. It's always nice to see new Gnutella clients, and the earliest versions will always have some issues. So, let's wait until you see some screenshots or have tried it, then give some comments on how to imrpove it...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Client- QeerPeer

The screenshots don't load and refreshing does not help.

W3C's validator complains, too.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fqeerpeer.com%2Fqeerpeer%2Fs creenshots%2Fsearch.htm&charset=%28detect+automati cally%29&doctype=%28detect+automatically%29

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Client- QeerPeer

Funny, I don't have any proplems, and I using w2k pro as a networks server.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information