Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Missing AudioGalaxy!!!

And why not? It says "rants about enything..."
    And are you feeling theathen by AG? Don't is was closed down for some days now by RIAA.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Missing AudioGalaxy!!!

This is possiby the worst thread that I've ever been involved in this group. You miss AG ... who cares ... its gone .... its not coming back.

get over it ...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Missing AudioGalaxy!!!

Hello!

The loss of AudioGalaxy do affect us Gnutella users therefore this thread is legitimate.

The Gnutella Developers(Especially LimeWire ones) thinks it is of great importance that new fresh content(Uniqe individual files) is constantly added to the GnutellaNet so that it continues to grow in popularity and that Gnutella continue to increase its available data amount.

A common source for music files that have been added to Gnutella is Audio Galaxy.I used to do that meaning whenever I found something on AG that I could not find on Gnutella I would download it from AG and then add it to my Shared Directory for LW and GNutella.This way new and fresh content was added to the Gnutella network.

Now when AG is gone as a source for new fresh content to Gnutella it is a threat to the expansion of Gnutella.

But hopefully many of the previous AG users decides to use any of the Gnutella client and bring their files to the GnutellaNet.But I suspect that primarily most of them will try Fast Track first and possibly Direct Connect since they have centralized index of files and I thing that previous AG users preferr that method but if the RIAA gets to them then Gnutella will probably get all those files to join the GnutellaNet.

I miss AudioGalaxy but if Gnutella would dissappear(Not likely) it would be a dissaster!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Missing AudioGalaxy!!!

Come on you guys.... this is really silly to argue about.....
    Morgwen did the right thing and the friendly thing!
    He did not delete it - He moved it from where it had no reason to be and put it in the 'least wrong' place. No problems.
    Relax. Besides, more people will see it where it is now........

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Missing AudioGalaxy!!!

To everyone, Thanks For voting in this poll. As we can see AG is missed even in the Gnutella circle. I must say that Gnutella is very sloooow to people that have 56k modem, in two weeks I have got only 18 songs. I'm sorry that, is lowsy!!! Are we put on an lower scale? Not alowed to download as much as people with higher speed? I read that on an other board that we "are kicked off, because of our speed", it that true? I have suspended my songs I had over 4600 song to share. In two week on AudioGalaxy I would have gotten about 100-150 songs. Yes, I'm conected 24/7. WHY SO SLOoooooooooooooooowwww???? Even Mediaseek and SongSpy is faster. (http://www.mediaseek.pl, http://www.songspy.com) So, my questing is why so slow???? No I don't trying to jump down enyones trouth, just trying to get some answer.
    I was told this was a good site. No, I don't have XoloX running longer. It have to work both way I give and I get songs, not only I have to send out song and not get anything back. I'm working on all songs I have I puting in album cover, lyrics, informations and other stuff. So, when other is DL them they get all this info.
    OK that's it with thanks and the complaining.
    Peace and Love to everyone. Let's get the fu**er at RIAA and lets share our songs.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Missing AudioGalaxy!!!

Agreed ... but who wants to hear people whine about it.

Well, then they had better get to work on a client that has a pretty gui, ads, and a touch of spyware thrown in for good measure. That seems to be the only way that gnutella and LimeWire will sucessfully attract the sheep.

Joakim .... lets put something in perspective ... gnutella going bye bye is not a disaster. The way things are going its an inevetability ... now ... Nuclear ware betwen India and Pakastan ... that would be a disaster. Gnutella going away ... no disaster .... there will be something else that comes along to occupy our time other than file sharing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Missing AudioGalaxy!!!

Jepp. And as you can see ppl is still reading and voting on this poll.
    Thanks for voting!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Missing AudioGalaxy!!!

Yes i miss AG ! it was great and sooooo easy!! but hey! all is not lost i got here!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Missing AudioGalaxy!!!

bump

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Missing AudioGalaxy!!!

I cant believe I just sat here and read all these posts ... I feel BBS Violated ... lmao

What's the big deal ... all the AG folks will go somewhere ... if gnutella gets some cool .... if fasttrack gets some ... cool ... what difference does it really make anyway. Life goes on. We pay our taxes. And yes ... even P2P filesharing clients die....

Bye bye AG .... Never used ya ... wont miss ya ... but welcome your users to gnutella with 45 Gigs of stuff.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information