Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: A disclaimer

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A disclaimer

Shouldn't that be s semi-colon?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A disclaimer

Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post

Perhaps policies regarding the posting of reviews are out of our control, but I believe things like that are what help fuel view counts :unsure:. And if that's the case, there's not much we can do about it unfortunately.

I think your right Maximus.

' The Beast'

A disclaimer

If you learned how to express yourself a little more clearly then maybe I wouldn't have to .:P

Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    My reaction to this has always been: what makes some sites so special? I mean, why do some sites need to be referred to with asterisks and some sites can be talked about openly. Also, the same goes for screen shots and reviews.

Please no one say tracker rules, every site I belong to has a clause somewhere in their rules to not openly discuss the site.. but people only respect the wishes of some of those sites.. I don't care how "rare" your tracker is or if you think that your tracker is the shit or you think you are special, all sites are the same and should be treated as such.

Some places for whatever reason, right or wrong , don't want the exposure while others couldn't care less and some even welcome the publicity .
    I mean if you were to ask someone very nicely not to do something( however innocuous) and they went ahead and did it anyway what would your opinion of them be?That's all I'm really getting at here, otherwise I couldn't agree more with you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A disclaimer

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Like I said personal ethos.If someone politely requests that I don't specifically do something and it doesn't hurt anyone not to do it then personally I would think myself a total jerk if I didn't comply .

Maybe I'm not looking at the bigger picture, maybe I'm a naive idiot but that's how I chose to live my life or rather the minuscule the part of my life that I have any control over.
    Well, you already knew the problems I faced when I removed someone's review, and the double standard it could create. I know I won't move a straw, and graciously decline to comply with such requests.
    And this is nothing related with "do what you are told to".
    It's more about not creating further problems to this forum and all those who have staff functions, by creating double standards. I understood that completely when that issue I raised before, happened.

It's a noble attitude of yours, but you missed a part of the whole picture, and the problems you can create to those who are together with you in the same boat.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A disclaimer

So lets say this site did take the polices of politely taking requests from trackers not to have reviews of their site here. What if all the decent trackers asked politely to take their reviews off what would happen then? Would u take them off?

End of the day lets face it the majority of the visitors of this site just come to troll for invites and use the reviews and wtaw thread to see what they want to get, and without these things the visitors of this site would fall pretty much altogether.

So end of the day i couldnt see management accepting this, making this discussion pretty much redundant.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A disclaimer

Well if a tracker wants to be under the radar and how ever worthless it maybe,I say so be it.Who the fuck cares? yea ... level seekers do ... so at the end of the day those type of trackers are for level seekers.
    As long as content oriented Trackers dont start bullshit all around I say leave the l33t trackers to l33ts.After all if a tracker is started with the intention of sharing files they will be looking for torrenters as well.
    not 1 or 2 members sharing files which is worst than available in TPB

Quote Originally Posted by Idoleyes787
    It was a joke I thought that was obvious.
    If I was really upset I wouldn't use the words donkey wiener I'd use something like ratiocinating or caviling as in " Ewwwyourface there is no point in trying to ratiocinate with you or cavil about your stupidity so I will instead put it succinctly . Idiot .
    EPIC

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A disclaimer

BT is a culture and these little things are part of this culture.I've never understood why some people worship animals but they are just but practicing their norms and the best thing to do is to show respect as much as I don't understand.

There will always be traders,chasers,levels,l3375,n00bs,reviews etc.If people can't practice this culture here then they'll just find another place to do it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

A disclaimer

Quote Originally Posted by Villalltheway View Post

So end of the day i couldnt see management accepting this, making this discussion pretty much redundant.
    No that would be irrelevant, , purportless or useless
    Redundant would be me saying that your post sucks goat wiener.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information