Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You greedy bastards! SHARE-DAMMIT

happy camper at 56K, you no get nothin at T1? hee hee, you pay $$ and get less than 56K?
    Did you ever consider it may be your OS?
    I share and don't care, fun to watch people d/l britney spears boob shot, laugh a minute. One little boobie and guys go wild, waste of perfectly good computing power. Nice rack though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

very new here. In fact this is my first post.
    I have been so fortunate to have been able to download lots of wonderful music and have no intention of not sharing but I don't know if i'm not allowing uploads. I did notice a couple early in the piece but I havn't seen much lately. Might of course, be the music I like....but if i'm doing something wrong...please let me know

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

And your point is?? At lease he reg...... LOL

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is why I use Gnotella and disconnect freeloaders automatically. I dont care about sharing with people who dont share themselves, and 56kers take up download slots forever.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

before we start, don't ask questions on forums that are really old jsut make a new forum

free spirite to make shure your not doing anything wrong go in tools, options, sharing and add any folders which contain files that people might want. Also make shure the folder in savings and sharing is the same, savings is in options.

You might also want to click on the arrow of uploads and than click on the sub title basic in there you set how much bandwith you will devote to hots who try to upload files from you. you can also check share partially downloaded files under this subsection. go to the second subsection of uploads slots. there you write how many uploads you allow per hosts at the same time this is the first box, and in the second box you type how many uploads are allowed running at the same time.

to check if you are doing all this right go to tools, statistics and network. there beside the word hosts are your "points" or the difference between your downloads and uploads.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

YEAH, i mean ive got dsl and i can find **** nothing, and do you know why?
    cuz newtella sucks ***,
    im looking for the song "the beat goes on" does anyone have it?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nowadays sharing isn't the only way to contribute to the todays world of gnutella with ultrapeers. I see three different groups Users with slow connections Users with broadband connections Users with high speed connections (megabit symmetrical or more)The first group has very limited amount of bandwidth. They should share only few files and open few upload slots. That will help them maintaining good upload success rate despite the poor connection speed.

Second group has two alternatives: Become an ultrapeer and don't share files. By maintaining large amount of leaf and peer connections will help everyone. It is okay to not share, you help the network by supporting leaves. It is important to left your client on your computer all the time. It is also important to reserve enough bandwidth to your client. Stay as leave and share plenty of files. You can reserve more of your upstream to uploads by staying as a leaf. You can serve fast uploads to people and you should have enough shared files to saturate your upload bandwidth.
    Third group has enough bandwidth to share files and become an ultrapeer and serve leaves. You don't have to compromise anything.

So I think it is not bad if you don't share if you can run your client as ultrapeer.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

FreeSpirit, if you want to know if anybody is actually finding your files & considering them, go to your LW Library & click onto one of your shared folders. The column to the right called Hits will indicate how many people have seen each file. The Uplds column will tell you if anybody has dwnlded any of your files. Hope this helps!?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

--
    Freeloaders would share if every client had freeloader and browser blocking features. Right now I only know of a few that do.

Kirby

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

alright in allfairness sure i kill all 56k connections im like that i have faster than t1 and proud to pull major bandwidth
    but i do only download from other cable or faster connections since i myself dont want to wait all day to get files from laggers. And to anyone who may have ever tried to download from my vast collection at 56k but couldnt because you live somewhere where cable is non existant then i am sorry. But for people that dont get a cable or dsl connection then i dont feal bad. Your free to look at my selection use my ip to get imformation about me and track down my aim screen name (pweetanax) and politly ask me to send you the song of your choice. but other then that i feal that yes 56-100k is second class and you shouldnt complain. And to the people who said they were patient and didnt whine i would gladly allow you to dl from me since my conenction is always open and my comp is never off maybe reset but never shut down. Forgive me for any bad gramer and such but i just dont care.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information